cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT -- Screen distorted on lid opening

vpshockwave
Level 7
This is a freaky issue, and I suspect it's hardware related. I'm running Windows 7 SP1 x64 on a G751JT. Sometimes when I open the lid (not from sleep or anything) the screen is distorted. Here's an example:

Re-closing and opening the lid seems to fix it sometimes, though it takes multiple tries. Tapping the laptop while it's distorted doesn't seem to do anything. It's definitely related to the actual close/opening of the lid. It's almost like the horizontal row of pixels is misaligned. Any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9

Boom_austin
Level 7
hmm somehing seems weird are you on windows 7 too?i have a g751jy and if you are i had this happen one time only to the right upper corner of my screen i closed the lid and opened it and all was fine again. for me im suspecting something to do with the bios maybe if its related to windows 7 since asus doesnt support it on the g751 series laptops. ive also been having issues with sleeping and losing the ability to adjust screen brightness after. im sorry im not of any use

Sagi
Level 7
You're running windows 7 on a laptop that doesn't support it - And you wonder why it's not working?
The King of the north!

Sagi wrote:
You're running windows 7 on a laptop that doesn't support it - And you wonder why it's not working?

So informative and helpful.

It actually works fine -- this is literally the only issue I have, and it's an issue that simply calls for closing and opening the lid again. So yes, I will continue to run my "unsupported" OS while everyone else is stuck with the trash that is Windows 8.

vpshockwave wrote:
So informative and helpful.

It actually works fine -- this is literally the only issue I have, and it's an issue that simply calls for closing and opening the lid again. So yes, I will continue to run my "unsupported" OS while everyone else is stuck with the trash that is Windows 8.

If you dislike Windows 8.1 then get the Windows 7 shell skin instead.. ?
The King of the north!

Sagi wrote:

Windows 7 has nothing to do with the problem he's having. As long as you've got drivers that work, Windows 7 can be used. I would say that his problem is hardware related.

This was my theory as well. I mean, when ASUS doesn't "support" Windows 7, it simply means they won't provide any technical support or drivers for it. However there are Windows 7 drivers for every single piece of hardware in the laptop, so in practice it should work fine (and it does, for the most part). Other than this weird bug I haven't had any other issues.

Boom_austin
Level 7
i didnt like certain quirks of the ui within windows 7 i can be alot more efficient when working on windows 7 than 8 thats why i switched. also as vps said it runs fine theres a few glitches ive found but otherwise it runs fast and without issue 0 bluescreens as of today

ziomek
Level 9
vpshockwave: I have G751JY working on Widows 7 x64 and have same issue. I've noticed thad it happens quite rare and first time occured during system intallation before i installed geforce drivers. I think that may be related with Windows 7 I didnt try Win 8 yet.

kanecvr
Level 7
I had the exact same issue under windows 7. Installed windows 8.1 x64 on it and the issue went away,