Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

New Bios chip still no post 00 error

Hello,

When I first received this motherboard I made the mistake and did copy bios 2 to 1 and bios 1 wouldn't post and just gave a 00 error. I bought a new bios chip flashed for the Rampage V Extreme and put it in and tried to boot from bios 1 and still the same issue. I then tried resetting the bios no luck and then flashing 0802 via the port on the back still no luck. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it or do I just hope bios 2 never has an issue.

Thank you,

Dan

Hello

If the chip was not purchased from ASUS I suspect it is not programmed correctly. RMA the board.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Asus would not sell me a chip after waiting over a month for a response I got this.

Hello Dan,

I apologize for the delay in this response, our emails are at a higher volume than normal. Unfortunately, we do not offer to sell the requested part. You may use Amazon or Google to search for the part if desired or speak with Product Support to discuss in/out of warranty options at 888-678-3688. I apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your feedback. Please take a moment to rate your customer experience by clicking on this link:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MMHW2R6

Thank you,

ASUS eStore Customer Service

855-755-2787

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

Asus do not sell parts only way to get a new chip is to RMA, Did you buy your new chip off ebay ? your the 2nd person with this problem best to wait longer for a US seller to start selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveOrDie View Post
    Asus do not sell parts only way to get a new chip is to RMA, Did you buy your new chip off ebay ? your the 2nd person with this problem best to wait longer for a US seller to start selling them.
    Hello

ASUS does sell part including BIOS chips through the eStores. Doubtful that a chip for the R5E would be available this soon after launch though.

ROG Member Array

Call me crazy but I did have the same problem, also subsequently with a replacement BIOS chip off ebay. I did BIOS 1 --> BIOS 2 update, it got stuck on "BIOS updating don't touch" I left the board overnight and no progress. Restarted everything and BIOS 2 screwed up, could get it to wander half way through POST but that was it. Ordered a new BIOS chip, stuck that in, Q code 00. Got very frustrated as did not particularly want to RMA the board so got an IC programmer. Dumped the BIOS 1 to a backup, checked it was ok and it was. Then burned it to the new chip I had received - - same issue QCODE 00. Then finally read the manual on the Winbond chip itself and found needed quad transfer mode on, burned again with QE bit set to 1, and hey presto it worked both on the old BIOS 2 chip and the new chip I got. Still think there is a bug in BIOS 1 to BIOS 2 copy, used EZFLASH a lot on a RIVE with zero issues in both directions, first time I used on R5E hit the problem, BIOS update just stalled. And clearly the BIOS 2 chip is ok.

LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

How much did the IC programmer cost? more than a new bios chip is my guess?

Hello

As manual settings were required for a successful programming I doubt the cost of the programmer would be much more than purchasing a BIOS chip. All my programmers correctly identify the chip being programmed and require no user intervention. The cost of a commercial production line programmer is more then most can justify for a one time use though.

LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

Guess not but Asus should really look into the copy bios feature on this board it does kill chips.

Hello

This issue may be difficult to duplicate. Only a handful of users have reported this. Neither Raja not myself have experienced this and Chino has already posted he has used this feature many time with no issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast