cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory Problem slot D1 Q-Code 6F

Androla
Level 7
Hey guys!

So, i bought this new rig and basically just mounted the computer into the case(CM Stacker 830) and tried to turn on, at first worked and i was straight to the bios(haven´t change nothing except the boot priority), the next times there was no boot at all, i turned the pc on and it was all black, then after 30sec it shuttsoff and the QCode 6F was appearing. After looking on the web I noticed some forums saying about the memory modules and i tried all combinations. I am using 4x4gb Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M4A2400C14. Tried the Quad Channel, using the red ones but the D1 slot is just not working.

When i was trying to turn on and it was all black i used the MemOk! button and for mine surprise it worked, straight to the bios and then i saw that the motherboard wasn´t detecting the d1 slot, and i was using that module at that time.

So now i am using 12gb instead of the 16gb and have no clue of what to do.

Update the bios?

My bios is the 0603.

I looked hard before posting here but there isn´t much around.

Asus Rampage V Extreme
Intel 5920K
CMK16GX4M4A2400C14
Samsung 840 Pro 256 (OS installed)
Nvidia 970GTX
Corsair AX860

Thanks in advance
23 REPLIES 23

Chino
Level 15
Try loosening the screws for the NOCTUA NH14-SE a little. Recheck the QCODE for me as well. Are you seeing 6f or bf?

Androla
Level 7
Hey Chino!

You´re the best man! I just did what you said and it´s working! Thank you a lot man!

And yeah, i was seeing 6F. Actually I saw someone asking this very same question at another forum!

Do you think it is worth it to upgrade my bios from 603 to 802???

My usage is for computer graphics, modeling and rendering. 3dsmax, zbrush and photoshop basically.

Thank you man!

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Normally I wouldn't recommend you update your BIOS unless your system is unstable.

That´s what I tought, just wanted a confirmation from a PRO.

Again, thank you alot Chino!

agmh1
Level 7
Same problem here. D1 slot doesn't read memory module (4x G Skill F4-2666C15-4GRR in A1, B1, C1 and D1). CPU Z and Aiga64 read the memory information fine, but BIOS only reads the model number but nothing else.

Spent hours with support. Email support was pretty clueless and wanted me to update BIOS when I had already indicated in the form that I have the latest BIOS. Chat support at least narrowed it down to D1 but thought I should send in the board back to Newegg for a replacement, or get a refurbished one from ASUS. I'll try the loosening the screws and hoping that'll help before sending it back. I have Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, but hope that'll do the trick. It's odd that AIGA64 and CPU-Z read D1 fine.

Praz
Level 13
agmh1 wrote:
Same problem here. D1 slot doesn't read memory module (4x G Skill F4-2666C15-4GRR in A1, B1, C1 and D1). CPU Z and Aiga64 read the memory information fine, but BIOS only reads the model number but nothing else.

Hello

Test that module in a different slot. Chance are the SPD is not programmed properly.

agmh1
Level 7
Just tried again and unfortunately loosening the cooler screws didn't work for me. Still get 6F when booting. Tried clearing CMOS too.

I did try the module in a different slot, and it's worked in every other slot. I've also tried all the other working modules in D1, and none of them work. That's what I did with tech support. I removed all memory, and tested one module only at a time, one slot at a time, for all 4 modules and all four slots. In the end, all modules worked anywhere but D1, and D1 failed to read any of them one at a time. It's interesting that CPU-Z is reading it correctly, which makes me think it may not be a hardware problem?