cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Razer tiamat 7.1 and phoebus

Gaim
Level 7
How can i get this to use headphones ..currently i have to set it up via speakers with no option for headphones its grayed out. Using windows 7 64 bit.
3 REPLIES 3

m33ts4k0z
Level 7
Gaim wrote:
How can i get this to use headphones ..currently i have to set it up via speakers with no option for headphones its grayed out. Using windows 7 64 bit.

Hello,

I'm also using Tiamat 7.1 with Phoebus Solo but I'm not sure I understand your question. Since Tiamat is a true 7.1 system ,it has 4x 3.5mm jacks + mic that need to be connected. So if you connect all of the 4 jacks you will get the 7.1 options to be enabled and they will show up as speakers and not headphones.

Since it is not very common for headphones to be 7.1, the software means stereo when referring to Headphones and thus since you connected the 4 cables, the soundcard enables the 7.1 and disables the 2.0 features.

If you want to enable the Headphones both in the windows playback options and in the RoG software, you will first need to remove the 3 of the 4 jacks (leave only the green/front jack on the sound card), and then switch to stereo on your Tiamat by pressing the 7.1 button so it turns into red. Then the Headphones option will be enabled and you will lose all your 7.1 features.

Hope I got to answer your question.

Cheers

s1DDy
Level 7
i have setup my tiamat 7.1 elite in synapse using the tiamat 2.2 headset option and have no problems at all
Crosshair VII Hero, 3900x @stock, 16Gb Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz @3400Mhz CL14

Eki_Indradi
Level 7
help me problem , Tiamat 7.1 + Asus Xonar Phoebus

SOLVED Thanks ROGers