Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Boosted_R View Post
    You should be ok, and wouldn't need to do it right away, if your Nvidia driver crashes from time to time, then i would update to Bios 203. Bios 203 seems to fix the problem.

Only thing you would need to do right away is update the ATK driver for the keyboard and touch pad driver, as soon as you get it.
    Thanks, will do!

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array JRd1st's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian@ASUS View Post
    correct there is optimus for GTX560m but asus's 560m does not support optimus
    ... Intel DPST can be enabled in Power4Gear advanced settings.
    Read the User's Manual for more info.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
    Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
    LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
    Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
    Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by JRd1st View Post
    ... Intel DPST can be enabled in Power4Gear advanced settings.
    As far as I know it wouldn't affect the nVidia card, just the CPU graphics chip, and also not very convincing:
    http://www.istartedsomething.com/200...aving-feature/

Thanks for pointing this out though. Optimus is not vital for me, I was just curious if it's disabled in all models or not.

NeoteriX
    Quote Originally Posted by warpspire View Post

As far as I know, the non-3D version comes with a glossy 60Hz screen, which I don't have anything against and I also expect the brightness/contrast a bit lower, however, it would be nice to know if the models supplied with such screens are sub-par or not.
    Anandtech in their review of the G74: http://www.anandtech.com/show/4911/a...us-g7-series/5

They seem to really like the panel.

Contrast is excellent at nearly 1000:1, and the maximum white level of 289 nits is a big step up from the ~150 nits of the G73 series. Given the change in characteristics, it’s no surprise that the LCD panel used in the G74SX is different this round, coming from Chimei Innolux (instead of HannStar). The model is N173HGE-L21, and it appears that our contrast ratio result is better than the advertised 500:1. Backlight intensity is up, and we also note that color gamut is up, with a slight (not generally noticeable) improvement in color accuracy as well. Without calibration, the panel has a decidedly bluish cast, but that’s common among LED backlit panels. Overall, I definitely appreciate the changes made to the LCD panel; the previous version was good, but the new version matches or improves on it in virtually every way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2