cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G20AJ blue screen problems of death on wake up/ UPDATE

hori
Level 7
I have a G20AJ with the GTX770. The comp has been giving blue screen and saying driver issues. This only happens when the comp goes to sleep mode automatically. Sometimes it wont wake up and the fans ramp up to max and nothing happens then bsod and says should do sytem restore. The G20 is basically factory fresh 1 week old with none of the settings changed from factory including sleep mode etc..

She did say it when it screwed up with bsod it did come up with after it restarted the virtue watt in tool bar as a red mark and says wrong gpu configuration please check hard ware drivers. The screen was all large.

I am away now and told my wife to shut it off and unplug from GTX770 hdmi and plug into the intel hdmi and turn it back on. It seems to be ok for the last day. So maybe this is an issue with GTX770
Anyone have any issues with blue screen of death from the automatic preset asus shut down and start up? Is the virtu watt program buggy with the GTX770 video card?

Asus rep? any suggestions
15 REPLIES 15

toronto699
Level 13
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?53630-NEED-HELP-with-my-ROG-G20AJ
does the post above sound like your problem, if your G20 is only a week old I would return it and get another

hori
Level 7
no my video card was playing games great, only when the G20 shuts off on its own and when you go to awaken it , all goes sour

hori
Level 7
Well I can safely say the problem is related to nvidia driver. The comp has been working 100 perc on the intel card. May have to revert back to original preloaded gtx770 drivers from Asus

toronto699
Level 13
what NVidia driver version was causing problem

chrimen
Level 7
I've been having a similar problem when turning on the computer when connected to the Nvidia card. I have a GTX760 installed with the latest drivers.

Did you ever solve the problem?
Did you have to uninstall VirtueWatt? or did you just use the stock drivers?

hori
Level 7
I am away so my wife just left it on the intel card. She had an issue of fans going full blast but it was the virtue watt program so she disabled it on start up.
The bsod was deff caused by nvidia driver and sleep/ virtu watt program. If the newest drivers dont work for nvidia go back to the pre installed ones.

toronto699
Level 13
there is a new NVidia driver released today version 347.09

chrimen
Level 7
For anyone else having this issue out of the box, I recommend installing all of the the Windows update first. Once the system is fully updated then install the new Nvidia drivers.

I had updated the Nvidia drivers before updating windows, so when windows was finalizing the updates when loading it would cause an error and not load. This happened a few times during the week while windows updated.

I had to reinstall windows for a different reason and this time I made sure I updated windows first and then the latest Nvidia drivers and have had no issues since then. Fingers crossed.

The fans shouldn't be going on full blast on start up?

zhangyifu
Level 7
My cpu fans go full blast every time the computer boots for like 3 seconds, is that normal?