cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Password...

gettingfrustrat
Level 7
I'm guessing this is a long shot, but I thought I'd ask anyway. I recieved my laptop ROG G750JX with a preinstalled BIOS admin password; at least it says so in the BIOS. I can enter it with user privileges by leaving the password prompt blank. Once in, I can change exactly nothing. Everything is greyed out. This is frustrating the heck out of me. I very much assume it isn't supposed to come like this?

I assumed my reseller had screwed me over, but they swore they never create such passwords. To state the obvious, no I did not make it and forget about it. Frankly, I wouldn't know how. Nobody has used it but me. I called ASUS customer support, but they could do nothing. I've tried like 50 different, common passwords, but to no avail.

Has anybody else experienced something like this? Is it the case that removing the CMOS no longer works? If not, how complicated of a procedure is this (speaking as someone who can barely change a hard drive)?

Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4

toronto699
Level 13

Yes, you can reset your Bios or UEFI password if you forgot it. (works on UEFI based laptops at least... don't know if it will work on everything)

Two links for reference :
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?70828-How-to-reset-your-BIOS-UEFI-password-on-a-laptop-eas...
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?60470-Removing-Asus-Bios-Password

This only works if you can boot into windows (or other OS) ! It will reset you BIOS or UEFI password if you have forgotten it.

- Boot into windows and change the date to 2002/01/02,

- Reboot while while hitting F2 to get into the BIOS / UEFI, when the enter password window appears hit "Alt + r", a "Enter rescue password" window will appear, with 2002/01/02 date showing (if not the code won't work), enter the following rescue password : ALAA4ABA

- Done ! You're in the BIOS / UEFI

- Change back the date and other settings to their correct values in the BIOS / UEFI, save settings, and you're good.

Same problem here. Laptop asks bios password for admin. I have never set any password to bios. I asked this problem from Asus support and they offered same solutions found in Google. And when these didnt work they offered to repair my laptop for charge. I asked from Asus have they put the administrator password to bios but they denied it and said its not their problem.

Now I have half dead laptop. It only boots to bios password screen. Alt + R do nothing. In bios I cannot do almost nothing. Booting with ESC button I can get into boot screen but it wont let me boot my bootable usb stick.

I have opened laptop cover and searched to reser bios memory but seems that this laptop contains no more any battery or pin to do reset.

Asus laptop A541U 2017-06

xeromist
If you have purchased a device with an admin password enabled you must return it to the seller for a refund. ASUS is unlikely to help because they cannot verify that the device was not stolen.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…