cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-code 79 before posting takes too long

Karlsap
Level 9
I am having an issue while posting. Before the bios start booting the q-code 79 appears and get stuck for few minutes and the vga red light is on but then it continues booting into windows.

The problem started when i tried to copy bios 2 to 1. Basically it did not start the copy process because the bios light was not flashing. Then this appeared. After i tried the same process and worked and solved the issue.

However the issue reappeared and I tried the same solution but it did not work. Note that the initial bios was 0603 and now I am on 0901.

I noticed that on cold boot the q code 79 takes less time.

Any suggestions?
107 REPLIES 107

Karlsap
Level 9
But what is causing it? Before it used to boot in seconds.

Chino
Level 15

Regarding power, i had the 4 cpu in. Then i plugged the other 4 pin to have an 8 pin connection. I connected the ez plug and the other 4 cpu pin.

Karlsap
Level 9
Just bios upgrade. But now I have tried all versions available and still the problem persists. The second time it occurred happened when I was in windows, did a shutdown but then the pc switched on automatically. Since then i tried clearing the cmos with psu off and on. I have updated bios both chips to various versions but to no avail. Even did a fresh windows install.

Chino
Level 15
You should connect the 8 pin power cable as a minimum. If you have the other 4 pin cable available, it's recommended to connect that too. You do not need to connect the Molex however since you're not running multiple GPUs.

If you have the Intel RST software installed, you can uninstall it to solve the shutdown problem.

Chino wrote:
You should connect the 8 pin power cable as a minimum. If you have the other 4 pin cable available, it's recommended to connect that too. You do not need to connect the Molex however since you're not running multiple GPUs.

If you have the Intel RST software installed, you can uninstall it to solve the shutdown problem.

All power connections are now connected.

Karlsap wrote:
All power connections are now connected.

Correct. Have you tried reseating your GPU and memory sticks?

Chino wrote:
Correct. Have you tried reseating your GPU and memory sticks?

No I have not yet.