cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadowplay button only activates "LAUNCH APP"??

xamoel
Level 7
Hi,
I just tried to activate shadowplay via the button, but it only launches a windows how to activate.

I already tried all settings in the geforce manager, but pressing the button still doesn't work.

Any help pls?
10 REPLIES 10

D_Pain
Level 9
I had the same issue but I'm not sure what i did. I think I probably re-installed the GeForce Experience from the nVidia website.

xamoel
Level 7
It suddenly worked!
But I can't get the webcam to work on recording, I heard it only works in TWITCH streaming mode?

mavrik
Level 7
Same here, it only launches the instructions window when Shadowplay is off and doesn't do anything when it's on.
How did u guys get it to function the way it's supposed to? I've already reinstalled GFE for other reasons...

NitroX
Level 10
You must first activate Shadowplay from GF Experience, along with activating all the screen indicators (FPS/Camera/Record State). After you activate shadowplay, pressing the shadowplay button won't pop-up the app window anymore, but it will start/stop your shadowplay recording/streaming when you press it.
Note: Make sure you have the Record/Stop button set for your "Manual start/stop recording" in shadowplay shortcuts. See the pic below:

mavrik
Level 7
Thanks NitroX, though I did reassign the key earlier.
My initial understanding was that the ShadowPlay key was to activate and deactivate the service (you know, that flip switch?), not start and stop recording. or at least I hoped that would be the case so we don't have to keep it always on...

NitroX
Level 10
Oh... Srry. Yeah, Initially I thought that also, but then I saw what it actually does. It doesn't really bother me to keep shadowplay always on. I really like it tbh. It's really good to have it on when gaming or benchmarking because you have that nice option to save the last 5/10/15/20 mins of gameplay/recording. And it really isn't a resource hungry application so it doesn't even influence the games/apps.

geneticweapon
Level 7
mavrik wrote:

My initial understanding was that the ShadowPlay key was to activate and deactivate the service

I'm not sure why that is something you would even want. It doesn't hurt to have GeForce Experience always running, and of course the button would be for starting/stopping ShadowPlay recording. Why would Asus incorporate an actual button to start/stop a service?

geneticweapon wrote:
I'm not sure why that is something you would even want. It doesn't hurt to have GeForce Experience always running, and of course the button would be for starting/stopping ShadowPlay recording. Why would Asus incorporate an actual button to start/stop a service?

I obviously didn't have a lot of info on this service and I thought it would be resource intensive and such...

i was hoping shadowplay could record from screencast mode whatever is showing on display... has anyone configured that or know how ,, i have a g751 jt... thanks