cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT-CH71 Ctrl Key Broken!

D_Pain
Level 9
Just now, my G751JT's Ctrl button broke. Its just the black plastic outer part that is broken.
Apparently one of the 4 hinges broke. I was trying to find a way to get a new key but I can't find it anywhere :

I called Asus and they told me I had to use my 1 time accidental warranty to get this fixed and that I had to send my laptop back so that the technicians would fix the issue...
This laptop is not even 1 month old and if the key is broken, shouldn't this be not considered as accidental?
I obviously would not to use my 1 time accidental warranty for a problem this minor. I looked at other websites whether they sell this laptop's keys seperately but I can't find any :S
4 REPLIES 4

geneticweapon
Level 7
So, did the key just break on its own, or what?

While I was playing a game, I noticed that the plastic hinge broke while I clicked on the key.

NitroX
Level 10
I also have a similar problem with the black coating of the numpad enter. But my laptop came this way from the reseller. I'm thinking about returning it and change it for another because it's just that hard to live with the idea that I payed so much money for an imperfect model -_-...

I eventually just carefully superglued the small plastic bit with the key and just attached it back in. Oh well its not the best fix but I'd rather not return my laptop for a week or two to get this fixed.