cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Recovery of the G75VW

8loganex8
Level 7
Hello so I have had this laptop for a while and recently have been having a few issues with some programs and all of this junk that I downloaded years ago. I decided to follow the steps in my manual to recover it to factory settings and have gotten to a point where I am stuck in regards as to what to do. I pressed F9 and followed the steps on screen and got an Error Select disk 0 message that only had an OK button. After pressing the button it gets around halfway through the next step and then i get a white screen with ERROR in big red letters and the top says AsRecovery - OS file DEPLOY ERROR! . My laptop didn't come with a recovery disk as far as I can tell. I can't even go back to what I had before this as whenever it loads it starts up the recovery process.
1 REPLY 1

Clintlgm
Level 14
The answer is simple, just go to Asus Support Downloads and download all the latest driver for the OS you want to put on. The go download either Windows 7 Home premium your key is on the sticker on the bottom. Or it it came with window 8 go download window 8.1 Core and clean install. Couldn't be simpler. Here is a link to some guides
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro