cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPUID HWMonitor not showing My GPU temps.

amirzubair80
Level 9
Hi there guys I have Asus G750JS. HWMonitor not showing my GPU temp can someone tell me how to make it show GPU temp?
5 REPLIES 5

ShadyStan
Level 7
That's really strange. I also have CPUID HWMonitor (v. 1.21 - Pro version) installed on my ROG notebook (G75VX) and it shows the GPU temp all right. By the way it doesn't matter whether one is using the Pro or non-Pro version - the readings are the same.
The only annoyance with this tool is that it only shows the CPU fan RPM and I can't find a way to make it show any GPU fan info.

amirzubair80
Level 9
maybe HWMonitor update will solve the issue.

GottiBoi55
Level 10
amirzubair80 wrote:
Hi there guys I have Asus G750JS. HWMonitor not showing my GPU temp can someone tell me how to make it show GPU temp?

The reason your not seeing GPU temps is most likely due to the GTX-870m GFX card, Asus has the Nvidia Optimus enabled on the card.
The only problem most have with the way Asus has Opitmus enabled, there's no way to disable the option in the BIOS.
Most other manufactures (Alienware for one) will give the disable option in the BIOS.
You will only see GPU temps when the graphics switches over from the onboard Intel 4600 to the GTX-870m card.
I myself see this on my JZ model, you will need to reopen HWMonitor once you start a game, or any program that uses the GTX-870n card.
Once you reopen HWMonitor you should see GPU temps then.
Hope this helps my friend.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55 wrote:
The reason your not seeing GPU temps is most likely due to the GTX-870m GFX card, Asus has the Nvidia Optimus enabled on the card.
The only problem most have with the way Asus has Opitmus enabled, there's no way to disable the option in the BIOS.
Most other manufactures (Alienware for one) will give the disable option in the BIOS.
You will only see GPU temps when the graphics switches over from the onboard Intel 4600 to the GTX-870m card.
I myself see this on my JZ model, you will need to reopen HWMonitor once you start a game, or any program that uses the GTX-870n card.
Once you reopen HWMonitor you should see GPU temps then.
Hope this helps my friend.

Yes i got to the same conclusion after installing HWiNFO. There was option in settings to wakup nvidia when the program starts. So i thought this must be because of switching of gpus. Thanks for clearing up.

amirzubair80 wrote:
Yes i got to the same conclusion after installing HWiNFO. There was option in settings to wakup nvidia when the program starts. So i thought this must be because of switching of gpus. Thanks for clearing up.

You welcome, I also will get the same results when using GPU-Z.
GPU-Z will not show temps if the Nvidia card is not awake, once my GTX-880M is awake temps will show up.
But the same results as HWiNFO64, I will need to reopen GPU-Z for temps to appear.
Well, glad I could clear this issue up for you my friend.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"