cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNIQUE FEATURES: Q DIMM

Retired
Not applicable
Hey guys, just wanted to share with you a quick feature overview on our ROG motherboards, which can often be overlooked quite easily, but though this scenario was a great example to show you all.

Q DIMM has several advantages:

• Typical motherboards have 2 DIMM locks at each end of the memory slot. This can cause several issues when trying to upgrade memory.
  • For any motherboard, the memory slots and it's DIMM lock is right next to the GPU. Typically there is very little room for you to flip open the DIMM lock because it will end up hitting against the back of your graphics card.
  • Small form factor cases have very little room to work with and may require you to disassemble the entire system in order for you to swap out memory.
  • Q DIMM allows you to flip only 1 DIMM lock on the outer section of the motherboard for easier access when swapping out memory. This is especially good when trouble shooting issues, or upgrading memory.

Q DIMM

VS

Typical DIMM locks

2 REPLIES 2

eva2000
Level 7
Definitely great to have for someone that tests alot of memory 🙂
i4memory.com

• Core i5 3570K L208B104
  • Maximus IV Gene-Z 3402

FedericoUY
Level 7
Brian@ASUS wrote:
Hey guys, just wanted to share with you a quick feature overview on our ROG motherboards, which can often be overlooked quite easily, but though this scenario was a great example to show you all.

Using QDimms on my M4E and it's a really good desing. Easier than normal previous dimms slots. Great ASUS.