cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my temp too high? G53SX

Retired
Not applicable
Hi guys, i have recently bought my G53SX. Its with i7-2670 and the 3D 1366x768 screen. And of course the 128bit GTX560M

The first game i tried on this lappy was COD6: Modern Warfare 2.

I ran GPU-Z in the background while playing on normal 2D (disabled 3D) 1366x768 , 2X AA, V-Sync Off, and everything else ( Texture, Details ) set to the max. Game was running for 45 mins.

And I noticed that the left vent is warm, whereas the right vent is getting hot, and GPU-Z shows that the GTX560M got up to 82C - 85C at its highest reading. Is the temperature normal? Yes, this is my first gaming laptop so im not sure if is...

If i am not mistaken, behind the left vent should be the processor, and the GPU on the right. I cant seem to find where is the intake for this laptop lol.

I am playing in an air-conditioned room. My idle-ing temp is around 40-45C. And i'm still on nvidia driver 268.56 ( waiting for my SSD's arrival to start configuring everything properly)
3 REPLIES 3

dstrakele
Level 14
Game and idle temps sound okay to me. The 2 air intakes on my G74SX are located beneath the base of the display. I suspect it may be the same on your G53SX.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Lorca
Level 7
For the OP: Get the new Nvidia drivers to get better performance.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-285.62-whql-driver.html

82c-85c though not ideal is a tolerable temp, though with the awesome cooling system Asus has I'm surprise that you're getting that. Are you getting crashes or freezing during play? When I downloaded the new Nvidia driver I got slight performance in temp.

Retired
Not applicable
I dont know as I didnt really test it out with multiple games. But for Modern Warfare 2, it runs fine. No crashes, and sometimes it rarely freezes for a second or two, but i blame the HDD for that.

What temp do you get under full load?