cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Issue

D3M0N1C
Level 7
So sorry guys, I am kind of new to this. I will try and explain what happened the best I can.

So i had a little mishap a few days ago where my cat spilled an energy drink on my desktop. For the most part very little of it got into the tower but unfortunately some did. I turned it off cleaned it up (i.e. cleaned the motherboard, video card with a little isopropyl alcohol) So after a little bit I turned the computer back on and it was working normally with no issues. Unfortunately the next day I tried to turn on the computer again but it wouldn't boot. The motherboard lights up and seems like it starts working fine but nothing else seems to happen. It also doesn't feed power to my peripherals like my mouse and keyboard. So I opened up the tower again to take a look and removed most of the connections to the motherboard. I attempted to start it back up but it gives me a Q-Code 20, and the DRAM LED light is solid red.

Am I right in thinking that the drink may have spilled on the RAM and I missed it? Should I try getting my hands on another one or am I wrong?

Again sorry if I'm missing any information. I am not 100% sure what I am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated, let me know if there is any other info I can provide to fix my issue.
0 REPLIES 0