cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some back USB3 Ports not working

Sem
Level 7
I have a problem my 2nd row of back usb3 ports they are not working at all devices connected to them are totally dead in and out of windows

according to the manual these are ports USB3_E56_E78

the 4 above them and the 2 below are working fine not sure why these are not i checked the bios and those ports are showing up as enabled

i am using a 5930k have SLI 780s and a X-Fi Titanium HD in the bottom red slot X8_4 i also have 2 SSDS and 3 HDDs connected so maybe the board disabled them because i have too many devices?

tried both 0802 and 0901 bios
41 REPLIES 41

jonstatt
Level 7
Unfortunately this sounds like a faulty board. 😞

The only thing I can think of is a full BIOS reset by pressing the BIOS reset on the backplane near the USB ports. Other than that, it doesn't sound good. You would then need to decide whether to disassemble and RMA the board or live with it and buy a USB 3.0 hub for additional ports!

Chino
Level 15
Sem wrote:
I have a problem my 2nd row of back usb3 ports they are not working at all devices connected to them are totally dead in and out of windows

according to the manual these are ports USB3_E56_E78

the 4 above them and the 2 below are working fine not sure why these are not i checked the bios and those ports are showing up as enabled

i am using a 5930k have SLI 780s and a X-Fi Titanium HD in the bottom red slot X8_4 i also have 2 SSDS and 3 HDDs connected so maybe the board disabled them because i have too many devices?

tried both 0802 and 0901 bios

1. List your complete system specifications for me including all connected peripherals and version of Windows that you're using.

2. Go into the BIOS and make sure the ASMedia controller is enabled.

ASUS 780 DC2 x2
X-Fi Titanium HD
Samsung 840 pro
Samsung 850 pro
WD 1TB Velociraptor
WD 4TB Black
WD 4TB Red
Corsair AX860

Connected to the back
Razer deathadder Chroma usb 2.0 slot
Corsair K95 RGB first row Usb3
Xbox wireless receiver first row usb3
usb3 extender cable first row usb3
usb3 hdd docking station first row usb3

Tried removing all connected devices and already checked asmedia controller is enabled in the bios even tried disabling and renabling

Just a idea try disabling xHCI in the BIOS then see if the ports work this will disable USB3.

jonstatt
Level 7
Did you try the BIOS hard reset like I suggested? I don't hold out much hope. When you plug in USB any device that has lights on it, the lights will come on during post before the OS even starts to boot. The fact everything is dead on that row like that suggests a bad board to me.

JuSiZ1
Level 10
Try x-fi card to other pcie slot. Do you have m2 ssd?

Hi.

I've bought an Asus Rampage V Extreme with USB3.1 addon and I've exactly the same issue reported by SEM.

Can anyone help me please ?

TeddyRaspin wrote:
Hi.

I've bought an Asus Rampage V Extreme with USB3.1 addon and I've exactly the same issue reported by SEM.

Can anyone help me please ?

List your complete system specifications.

Chino wrote:
List your complete system specifications.

Asus Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 equipped with 1502 Bios on both chips
16 Gb RAM G.Skill DDR4 3000 MHz
1 VGA GTX TitanX PCI-Express (on 1st pci-express red slot)
1 Xonar Phoebus (on pci-express black slot)
1 TP-Link GBE LAN (on the other pci-express black slot)
2 * 256 Gb SSD Samsung 850 Pro
2 * 512 Gb Velociraptor
PSU Corsair HX1000i Platinum
1 Logitech Comfort Keyboard USB
1 G9X Logitech Mouse USB
1 Samsung XPress C410W Laser Printer
1 Icy Box USB3 Docking Station

OS : Windows 10 (but even inside the bios USB3_E56_E78 ports don't seem to work).

I've tried to unplug everything and of course I tried to do Clear CMOS like flashing to a different bios.
The second USB3 Row (E56_E78) doesn't seem to work either in Bios or Windows. If I try to connect a keyboard
or mouse or pendrive or any other usb device, it doesn't happen anything.

This is the 2nd Rampage V Extreme (substitute to the 1st which had QCODE 14 76 error) and I don't want to waste my time doing a new RMA again. 😞