cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About GPU tweak for laptops.

amirzubair80
Level 9
Hi guys I have g750js model and i am using gpu tweak for laptops. The question i wanna ask is that should i turn it on or off for better gpu cooling?

4 REPLIES 4

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Well when you over-clock you ram up the performance it pumps out, so it gets hotter. When off, it runs cooler, thus.. less heat.

I guess that's why the full fan speed toggle is there.. but I'm sure the sensors should bring you to maximum fan speed when your card reaches over 7-80*C.

I am not entirely sure. ;d

Darnassus wrote:
Well when you over-clock you ram up the performance it pumps out, so it gets hotter. When off, it runs cooler, thus.. less heat.

I guess that's why the full fan speed toggle is there.. but I'm sure the sensors should bring you to maximum fan speed when your card reaches over 7-80*C.

I am not entirely sure. ;d

Thanks so i should leave it off when i am not planning to over clock? And turn on for demanding games?

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Honestly, I leave my overclock on all the time..

I guess what you're looking for is: Your GPU cooling will pretty much be the same, unless you actually USE the card. There'll be no difference in cooling if you're idle or doing web browsing.

Your compy can take the heat, but yeah, the general rule is; Overclocking = more heat. But ONLY if you actually USE the card to that level, like for example.. Crysis on full graphics etcetera.

thanks 🙂