cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ULMB?

Pufnstuf
Level 7
Just got my ROG Swift in the mail the other day and I seem to be having some issues getting ULMB to enable. In the monitors settings menu ULMB is greyed out. I made sure it was set to 120Hz, Ive installed the drivers in Device manager for the monitor and even installed Asus MultiFrame still nothing. The turbo switch also does nothing. When I hit it, it will show the current refresh rate but will not cycle through to other refresh rates. I have tried using different cables and plugging the monitor into different ports. I've reset the monitor settings back to factory defaults unplugged it from the wall and plugged it back in. I even disconnected my additional monitors to see if they were screwing it up some how. I have a AMD HD 7970 6gig GPU with the latest drivers installed. Does anyone know a fix for this/ am I doing something wrong? The monitor works fine besides the turbo button not cycling and not being able to enable ULMB.
7 REPLIES 7

Craig
Level 8
You need to press the turbo button whilst in a game to change to 144hz or 120hz ULMB. It won't change in a static desktop.

X-ROG
Level 15
GSync needs to be disabled for ULMB to work. The two technologies cannot work together due to ULMB requiring a fixed refresh rate.

Pufnstuf
Level 7
Craig wrote:
You need to press the turbo button whilst in a game to change to 144hz or 120hz ULMB. It won't change in a static desktop.

I did still not working

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
GSync needs to be disabled for ULMB to work. The two technologies cannot work together due to ULMB requiring a fixed refresh rate.

I have an amd card at the moment so g-sync shouldn't be enabled.

Pufnstuf wrote:
I did still not working

I have an amd card at the moment so g-sync shouldn't be enabled.

Well there is your answer. ULMB is an only Nvidia feature. It won't work on an AMD card.

Craig wrote:
Well there is your answer. ULMB is an only Nvidia feature. It won't work on an AMD card.

ULMB is not an only Nvidia feature. Your thinking of g-sync.

Pufnstuf wrote:
ULMB is not an only Nvidia feature. Your thinking of g-sync.

It won't work with an AMD card.

Locane
Level 7

To anyone seeing this looking for why their brand new gaming monitor isn't doing ULMB:

Make sure Power Saving isn't turned on.

https://ibb.co/v3J56S0