cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About GPU Fan Control

amirzubair80
Level 9
Hi there guys i have G750js model. I downloaded gpu tweak for graphic card. The issue is i cannot see fan settings in advance settings how to enable it? How about EVGA precision should i download it and will it work with my gpu? It has fan control.
21 REPLIES 21

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Fan control is embedded in the system firmware, as far as I know. You cannot control it with third party software.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

hmscott
Level 12
amirzubair80 wrote:
Hi there guys i have G750js model. I downloaded gpu tweak for graphic card. The issue is i cannot see fan settings in advance settings how to enable it? How about EVGA precision should i download it and will it work with my gpu? It has fan control.

amirzubair80, you downloaded the wrong version for your laptop.

Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics cards is for non-Optimus laptops like the G750JW/JX/JH and the new G751JY/JT

The G750JM/JS/JZ use Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops - and it works on some other Optimus enabled Asus Laptops like the G751JM..

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops, currently at release v1.0.9 for the G750JS/JM/JZ and other new ROG laptops with Optimus
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=ASUS+GPU+Tweak+for+Laptops&hashedid=n%2fa

Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops vs Asus GPU Tweak for Graphics Cards
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?45644-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Laptops-vs-Asus-GPU-Tweak-for-Grap...

amirzubair80
Level 9
Ah ok thanks. so what about EVGA precision.?

amirzubair80 wrote:
Ah ok thanks. so what about EVGA precision.?

amirzubair80, many of the various vendor tuning tools work, I prefer the Asus tool, but on the G750JS the Asus tool isn't very helpful - it only allows a max 5% OC, so using another tool helps. I think the EVGA tool is a bit overwhelmingly complicated, maybe I am just used to the straightforward MSI Afterburner tool - I prefer that, but either is ok.

Any of the tools allow GPU clock to be maxed out at +135mhz, and for memory I am not sure what the + factor is, so try +500 to start and work from there. You might find a post here that mentions JS specific numbers, I don't have a reference off hand.

I don't have a JS sample to give you, so here are images of the G750JH, during the brief time when that Nvidia driver broke the Asus tool

Here is a test combo I use to test for heat throttling, you might try it yourself once you get tuned up 🙂

Please come back and post your results 🙂

amirzubair80
Level 9
ok thanks hmscott. I tried MSI burner but the fan control was inactive for me. i will try EVGA and see how it goes

amirzubair80 wrote:
ok thanks hmscott. I tried MSI burner but the fan control was inactive for me. i will try EVGA and see how it goes

amirzubair80, you won't find any fan control in those tools, but there is a Notebook Fan Control option, but I don't recommend it because it's Auto mode fails badly - and could cook your GPU...

The only fan control per se is the Asus GPU Tweak for Laptops, Full Fan option... "Run GPU Fan on Full Speed"

amirzubair80
Level 9
thanks 🙂

Phlier
Level 7
On my 750JZ, I can't get the Asus GPU Tweak tool (that came pre-installed on the laptop) to work. I get the exact control panel shown in the image in the previous post, but am unable to get the "Run GPU Fan on Full Speed" option to work. The slider slides to "On", but the fan speed doesn't change.

I'm getting a bit concerned, as HWInfo64 shows my GPU temp maxing out at around 88 degrees during gaming sessions, and the gpu cooling fan only spins up slightly above idling speed.

Is there any way to control the gpu fan speed curves in the bios? Even if there's not, any help in being able to get the Full Speed option working in the Asus Tweak utitlity would be great. File properties for the asus tweak utility shows File Version 1.0.14.1271. Interestingly enough, the latest version i can find available for download from Asus is a 1.0.9 version. So unless Asus is using a rather unconventional method of version numbers, the one i have is more recent than the one available for download.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Phlier wrote:
On my 750JZ, I can't get the Asus GPU Tweak tool (that came pre-installed on the laptop) to work. I get the exact control panel shown in the image in the previous post, but am unable to get the "Run GPU Fan on Full Speed" option to work. The slider slides to "On", but the fan speed doesn't change.
I'm getting a bit concerned, as HWInfo64 shows my GPU temp maxing out at around 88 degrees during gaming sessions, and the gpu cooling fan only spins up slightly above idling speed.
Is there any way to control the gpu fan speed curves in the bios? Even if there's not, any help in being able to get the Full Speed option working in the Asus Tweak utitlity would be great. File properties for the asus tweak utility shows File Version 1.0.14.1271. Interestingly enough, the latest version i can find available for download from Asus is a 1.0.9 version. So unless Asus is using a rather unconventional method of version numbers, the one i have is more recent than the one available for download.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Phlier, which Nvidia driver do you have installed? Some have reported that 347.09 BETA and WHQL releases don't allow changing GPU/memory frequency on the G751JY, perhaps 347.09 is keeping the Fan Control setting from working on the JZ? Maybe try doing a Custom=>Clean install of the previous version 344.80 to see if that works.