cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551JM DM052H lags on Dota 2. High ping and packet loss. HELP!

dtkj1992
Level 7
Hi guys,

Recently I've got a G551JM replacement from ASUS and I've installed Dota 2 to play. Below are the specs, still waiting for ASUS to return my 8GB ram stick.

Asus G551JM-DM052H Gaming Notebook
Windows 8.1
Intel® Core™ i7-4710HQ Processor
- 2.5GHz, 6M Smart Cache
- Max Turbo Frequency 3.5 GHz

Memory 4GB DDR3 RAM - Hyundai Electronics HMT451S6BFR8A-PB
HDD 1TB SATA HDD 5400RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX860M 2GB GDDR5 - NVIDIA CONTROL PANEL Version 344.75
Integrated 802.11 b/g/n
- 10/100/1000/Gigabits Base T
- BT 4.0 support (on WLAN+ BT 4.0 combo card)

I've realize that while playing, the ping for the server around my region would go up to 1k MS and there is packet loss which cause me to freeze for 5 minutes or more, lag like crazy and even DC whenever I play Dota 2 which has cost me constant losing streak.

My current Dota 2 settings :
Resolution 1920 x 1080
In advance settings :
I select everything except Anti-aliasing
Game screen render quality : 100%
Shadow & Texture quality : HIGH

I've test for ping and packet loss through CMD with Dota 2 server in my region and there is no packet loss or high ping. I got no idea what is going on.

Currently I am using Qualcomm Atheros AR9485WB-EG Wireless Network Adapter and I search about it and apparently this driver causes spikes and lags in internet connection. Is there anybody out there facing the same problem?

Your advice will definitely be very much appreciated.

Regards and blessed Christmas,
Daniel

SOLVE - 26th December 2014
12 REPLIES 12

Jasper0505
Level 7
Hi,

I encountered this problem as well.

My G551JM has exactly the same problem as urs.

Is there any solution for this?

Hey Jasper0505, the only solution i found is by using an external usb wireless stick. Antheros is hopeless. sorry for the late reply

dtkj1992 wrote:
Hey Jasper0505, the only solution i found is by using an external usb wireless stick. Antheros is hopeless. sorry for the late reply

dtkj1992, which one did you get? Make/model? What make/model router/AP are you using it with?

hmscott wrote:
dtkj1992, which one did you get? Make/model? What make/model router/AP are you using it with?

Currently I'm using the Cisco Linksys Wireless-G USB Adapter WUSB54GC and a Cicso Linksys E2500 router.

Massivemc
Level 7
I call on that also.... Have g751jt and I get a high ping on dota 2 aswell.... Something that should be around 20-30ms is about 140-170ms

JasenDoe
Level 7
I have g751jy and have the same problem, constant 20-40 ping, then shoots to 120-200 ms for a second. ( playing LoL ).
Warthunder has good info about what is happening to the network, and it says packet loss when the ping gets a hickup.
Please anyone help us! For platinum/diamond players that 1 second can be a turret dive 😄

t3nch0
Level 7
I have a g751jt and i was getting weird packet loss and random lag spikes on league. What i did was run the game in compatibility to windows 7 and ran it as administrator. Doing that fixed the problems i was having. It's worth a shot, no?

t3nch0 wrote:
I have a g751jt and i was getting weird packet loss and random lag spikes on league. What i did was run the game in compatibility to windows 7 and ran it as administrator. Doing that fixed the problems i was having. It's worth a shot, no?

I will try it thank you, btw i have intel dual band wireless in the g751jy, so seems we all have the same issue no matter what wireless card we have. Must be windows 8 issue on some games. I had a lot bigger ping and packet loss without the latest firmware update, that was selected as "optional" on windows 8 update menager, and since i don't update optional just important, i didn't update it. Until like 2 months ago, then I updated it and it the ping went down, but still have hickups. So it is windows 8.1 issue, i have original and fully updated, no BS here 🙂

Edit - I just noticed I was runing in compatibility with windows 7, must have been the first thing I did when I got the laptop since I had massive laggs. I will try with windows 8 now since I have the firmware for it

Massivemc
Level 7
i used to plug in tp link wifi stick and still everything stays the sam so I dont have a clue what this problem might be