cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift Dead Pixels Dilema

roromush
Level 7
So I love the Swift, love the stand and the super thin bezel. I got lucky and got one with very little back-light bleed, but the problem is that it has 2 dead pixels near the center lower left side of the screen. This bothers me more than I thought it would, and its not noticaable during gaming unless your looking for it, but its sticks out when web browsing. I don't know if I should return it to Microcenter (30 day return policy I think) or send it in to Asus.

Will Asus consider this a defect? I'm worried about sending it back to them as people have said it comes back damaged and missing the box and sometimes even with the stand in pieces. Or I could return it to Microcenter and wait till after New Years until availability improves. What do you guys think?
4 REPLIES 4

Craig
Level 8
Return it and wait for a new one. It has a pixel perfect 3 year warranty.

Craig wrote:
Return it and wait for a new one. It has a pixel perfect 3 year warranty.

Will do, hopefully I can pick up a pixel perfect one during the next round.

Blazemonkey
Level 7
Mine came with one stuck pixel. I ran UDPixel over it for an hour with no results so I shut it off and went to bed. Woke up and the pixel worked. It's been a few weeks now so I doubt it'll be an issue..

tanz700
Level 7
There's an old trick to fix dead pixels. I have used it before several times and worked every time.

Place a wash cloth, or any thick cloth, over the dead pixel. Take a pencil and lightly press on the dead pixel. It should revive it.