ROG Member Array

Talking Intel 180GB 530 Series M.2 SSD Compatibility With ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE uATX Board?

I just purchased the Intel 180GB 530 Series M.2 180 GB SSD (model number SSDSCKGW180A401) from Amazon.com:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61ebLhMtfXL._SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	44587

or my ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE uATX motherboard:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c02z.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	583.2 KB 
ID:	44588

I am going to put this drive -obviously- in the M.2 slot between my PCI card slots.

I have been reading the motherboard manual and they really only mention 2 requirements:

1. Supports PCIe interface only.
    2. Supports 2260 (22 mm x 60 mm) and 2280 (22 mm x 80 mm) SSD cards

and it seems like the Intel M.2 SSD fits those requirements (at least from what I can tell). The Intel.com web page states the following with respect to the 2nd requirement:

Form Factor: M.2 22 x 80mm

So it seems good there but what does ASUS mean by the first requirement? PCIe interface only? Also, would anyone mind checking out the Intel web page and seeing if they can figure out whether that card satisfies the first requirement?

The reason why I am paranoid about this is because I have been reading reviews about how few M.2 SSDs are compatible with my board and I don't recall seeing the Intel as one that was mentioned as being good. If I recall correctly I think people mentioned the Crucial M.2. as being well tested.

I would kind-of like to know fast so I can cancel my order before it ships. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

~M
    Last edited by cookmv; 12-24-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

Hi, this is a SATA-based SSD, not PCIE. On the Intel ARK it states: Interface SATA 3.0 6Gb/S

http://ark.intel.com/products/77949/...-6Gbs-20nm-MLC

You will require a drive like the Samsung XP941 or Plextor M6e to use the M.2 slot.

Please see here for the differences explained: http://rog.asus.com/308552014/labels...ces-explained/

Very sorry it doesn't work, is it possible for you to return the drive for an exchange?