Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    xyz_cityhunter, a Bigfoot/Killer Networks Wireless 1202 card is now a good stable choice. New drivers have worked out the bugs, and even though it doesn't do 802.11ac, it is faster than most internet connections

    The Bigfoot/Killer Networks Wireless 1525 with 802.11ac is also looking better than at release, but I would imagine pairing it with a known compatible 802.11ac router is also important - check for reviews / compatibility tests if you want the Killer Wireless features + 802.11ac.

    Please post a link for where you were able to find and purchase the Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA222, and a link to which drivers you are using.
    I got it from Taobao along with some other stuff shipped together to save cost: http://s.taobao.com/search?q=QCNFA22...150506&ie=utf8
    As for the driver used, i got it from https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirel...et=76&system=8
    Don't think can use the Killer Suite software as this model although using the same chip as the N-1202 but it's not officially included in the Killer Wifi family...

  2. #12
    ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Reputation
    44
    Posts
    5,357

    Quote Originally Posted by xyz_cityhunter View Post
    I got it from Taobao along with some other stuff shipped together to save cost: http://s.taobao.com/search?q=QCNFA22...150506&ie=utf8
    As for the driver used, i got it from https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirel...et=76&system=8
    Don't think can use the Killer Suite software as this model although using the same chip as the N-1202 but it's not officially included in the Killer Wifi family...
    xyz_cityhunter, you might as well get those drivers directly from Asus, rather than a 3rd party site - dangers of them bundling bots/spyware/etc.

    Qualcomm stopped hosting the drivers support/downloads a while ago, so the only place to get them officially is from the vendor, Asus or Microsoft.

    Here are the Asus support areas for Notebook WLAN/Wireless drivers - and the .308 driver is in that list - Asus upload order isn't always correct, always read down the list a ways to catch higher version numbers.

    Notebook WLAN drivers (no Intel)
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...en&m=WLAN&os=3

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asus wlan driver downloads with .308 release.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	49331

    You can also get the Ethernet / Wired drivers from Asus here:

    Notebook LAN drivers
    http://support.asus.com/download.asp...hashedid=n%2fa

    If you want to try the Killer Suite (drivers only) download, it is here:

    Killer Drivers for Killer Wireless-AC, Killer Wireless-N, and Killer E2200
    http://www.killernetworking.com/supp...iver-downloads

    Don't download the top most one, look under Additional Drivers, and download:

    Standard Drivers (no Killer features)
    Version 1.1.52.1438 Updated on 21 April 2015

    The additional Suite features aren't needed.

    And, while you are there you can also try the Bluetooth drivers for the 1202:

    K1202 Bluetooth Windows 7 & 8.1
    Version 8.0.1.338 Updated on 10 February 2015

    Please let us know if they work for you
    Last edited by hmscott; 05-17-2015 at 07:28 PM.

  3. #13
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array AsSaSsInJ0HN PC Specs
    AsSaSsInJ0HN PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL551-JW
    MotherboardINTEL HM86 CHIPSET
    ProcessorIntel i7 4720HQ
    Memory (part number)16GB DDR3L 1.35v
    Graphics Card #1GTX 960m
    Monitor15.6 FHD 1080p
    Storage #11TB 7200rpm HDD
    Keyboard RAZER BLACKWIDOW ULTIMATE 2014 STEALTH EDITION
    Mouse RAZER DEATHADDER CHROMA 2015
    Headset/Speakers SKULLCANDY HESH 2 WIRELESS 7.1
    OS WINDOWS 8.1 64bit soon to WINDOWS 10 !!
    Network RouterKILLER LAN
    Accessory #1 ROG DOCK CUSTOM BUILT BY ME
    Accessory #2 ONE TAP TO POWER ON MY 2 LAPTOP RIG SETUP
    Accessory #3 EXTRA 2.1 HEAVY BASE GEEPAS AUDIO FOR MuSIC !
    AsSaSsInJ0HN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    75

    This card will give u frequent problems and Disconnects.. high pings and all the type of problems that will cause while using WiFi... i have undergone the same situation.. and what i did was bought an EXTERNAL USB WIFI ADAPTER like D-Link DWA-131 (rev2) . It connects at 300 Mbps speed btw the Laptop and the Router . No disconnects . and Lag-less online Multiplayer sessions <3

    The Card mentioned here is : Atheros
    Note : KIller is better.

  4. #14
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    xyz_cityhunter, you might as well get those drivers directly from Asus, rather than a 3rd party site - dangers of them bundling bots/spyware/etc.

    Qualcomm stopped hosting the drivers support/downloads a while ago, so the only place to get them officially is from the vendor, Asus or Microsoft.

    Here are the Asus support areas for Notebook WLAN/Wireless drivers - and the .308 driver is in that list - Asus upload order isn't always correct, always read down the list a ways to catch higher version numbers.

    Notebook WLAN drivers (no Intel)
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...en&m=WLAN&os=3

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asus wlan driver downloads with .308 release.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	49331

    You can also get the Ethernet / Wired drivers from Asus here:

    Notebook LAN drivers
    http://support.asus.com/download.asp...hashedid=n%2fa

    If you want to try the Killer Suite (drivers only) download, it is here:

    Killer Drivers for Killer Wireless-AC, Killer Wireless-N, and Killer E2200
    http://www.killernetworking.com/supp...iver-downloads

    Don't download the top most one, look under Additional Drivers, and download:

    Standard Drivers (no Killer features)
    Version 1.1.52.1438 Updated on 21 April 2015

    The additional Suite features aren't needed.

    And, while you are there you can also try the Bluetooth drivers for the 1202:

    K1202 Bluetooth Windows 7 & 8.1
    Version 8.0.1.338 Updated on 10 February 2015

    Please let us know if they work for you
    I tried the Killer Suite and Driver, it say there's no Killer hardware detected... Haven't try the Bluetooth yet...

  5. #15
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    25

    Quote Originally Posted by AsSaSsInJ0HN View Post
    This card will give u frequent problems and Disconnects.. high pings and all the type of problems that will cause while using WiFi... i have undergone the same situation.. and what i did was bought an EXTERNAL USB WIFI ADAPTER like D-Link DWA-131 (rev2) . It connects at 300 Mbps speed btw the Laptop and the Router . No disconnects . and Lag-less online Multiplayer sessions <3

    The Card mentioned here is : Atheros
    Note : KIller is better.
    The one you mentioned is the Atheros AR956X or the Atheros QCNFA222?
    If it's the AR956X then yeah, I'm facing all the problem that you mentioned. My suspicion on this issue is that the 2.4GHz band in my area are quite populated, causing this AR956X to have issue as it's only a (SISO) Single-Input-Single-Output. This is why i get the QCNFA222 which is (MIMO) Multi-Input-Multi-Output to cope with all this crosstalk from other WiFi devices...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •