cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SLI Nvidia 3dvision support

joserm
Level 7
Hello, more than two months I bought this monitor by 90% by 3DVision 1440p ago. The problem is that there is support sli 3d ..... as can be? you buy a monitor for 700 € and get no support from asus or nvidia¿? I can not play anything 3d 1440 with a single card.

This problem is most people have not just me. Is there any solution or no evidence that it is working in this problem? I contacted support of Spain but do not tell me anything ...

Anyone know anything about this?

Thank you very much.
9 REPLIES 9

Rog_gor
Level 7
There are a couple of large threads already over at geforce forums from users who have the same problem.

At the moment it is not possible to use SLI and 3D Vision together with this particular monitor with many new games, whether this can be fixed in a driver update is unknown. Its also unknown if the problem is at nvidias end or Asus end.

One thing is for sure, if you contact support of either company you will not get a solution.
The number of SLI gamers is fairly low
The number of 3D Vision users is lower still
And the number of these combined users that also have a Rog Swift...... you can see a fix for this will be very low priority.

You can read more in these threads
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/787889/3d-vision/3d-vision-and-sli-not-working-correctly-fo...
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/785823/3d-vision/9-series-sli-3d-not-working-at-all-asus-ro...

logzz
Level 7
Have not had this problem to be honest 3d works fine with sli and has been for a while. Although its been a while since i have used 3d i will have to give it a go again to make sure it is working right.

logzz wrote:
Have not had this problem to be honest 3d works fine with sli and has been for a while. Although its been a while since i have used 3d i will have to give it a go again to make sure it is working right.

Yes, I think it's kind of crazy but have been looking at this a lot recently and with 3D Vision enabled my 2nd card drops down to low single figure percentage usage. This is with all the latest drivers and 2 x GTX980 in Windows 8.1. Utterly ridiculous that these two 'power houses' can get away with selling their technologies like this and then provide something so broken. I really don't see how the monitor prevents a 2nd card from kicking in but I might try an edid override at some point to see. Otherwise it has to be a driver issue.

One thing's for sure, if nothing is resolved imminently then the monitor will have to go back and I'll buy one from another company. Much as I love the Swift in the gpu v monitor war I'm afraid the gpu always wins!!

logzz wrote:

If you have powerful cards to start with you may not notice with some less demanding games only using a single card, but some new releases like far cry 4 or the new tomb raider the low FPS is evident. when checking GPU usage it is usually evident that only a single card is working as the other is still at idle temp, you can also remove one card and see the FPS is no different.

When 3D is off SLI works correctly, but to be honest when 3D is off I don't really need the extra performance of SLI... So frustrating.

Rog gor wrote:
If you have powerful cards to start with you may not notice with some less demanding games only using a single card, but some new releases like far cry 4 or the new tomb raider the low FPS is evident. when checking GPU usage it is usually evident that only a single card is working as the other is still at idle temp, you can also remove one card and see the FPS is no different.

When 3D is off SLI works correctly, but to be honest when 3D is off I don't really need the extra performance of SLI... So frustrating.

Sorry you guys are right 3d is not working with SLi. Im sick and tired of this ****. Asus you can shove this monitor up your ass bunch of wankers. Its most likely a driver issue but I couldn't care less. Im just waiting until something better comes along so I can get this pile of **** rog swift off my desk. what good is 3 titan blacks clocked at a solid 1300mhz and you cant use them

claydough
Level 7
glad I came here first...

guess I'll stick with my acers a bit longer.
( u would think a demographic that pays extra for 3D and usually buys 3 monitors and tri sli to run them in surround would get catered too. If we make up a 1/3 of the gaming market we are paying over 3 times! )

will someone please let me throw thousands of dollars at them?

claydough
Level 7
can anyone confirm the same with nv surround sli && 3D Vision?

my original plan was to buy 3 of these monitors so if the problem is with the "maximize 3d performnce SLI" option and not the
"Span displays with Surround" SLI option...

then problem solved! ( for my 3D vision in NV surround needs anyway )
can anyone confirm?

Rog_gor
Level 7
7 months later

Still not fixed
nVidia suggested I RMA my 2 GTX 970 (which I did and nothing changed)
Asus suggested I RMA the ROG ( I never did, but I did borrow my brothers ROG and it makes no difference)

Sadly 2 scenarios when SLI is a big help, 3d vision and DSR. none of which work with the ROG.

Anyone contemplating a 2nd card to SLI or a G-Sync monitor I would say buy one or the other. Together they are useless.

Qwinn
Level 11
Recently on the Nvidia forums they said this issue would finally be fixed in September 2015 driver release. Here's hoping, as I have an ROG Swift and two 980Ti's.