cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JT Black Screen second start up

mattex94
Level 7
Hello , I have had the problem of black screen the same day I received the PC. I turned on the computer for the first time , started the configuration of windows and crashed. I had to forcibly shut down the pc and then you are no longer on again. Problem: black screen , all the LEDs on except the processor, after 30 seconds the fans run indefinitely . After several attempts , turning on and off , the PC is started , I did the updates of windows update and these days I was not given more problems , I think I've also updated the video card driver . Occasionally, however, the computer takes too much to go off or after I put the windows password is not accessed . I asked for a refund because where I bought it is no longer available and I want to buy it back at another site to 200 € more than what I paid , but I'm afraid I have the same problem . I sent an email to asus in which I explained the problem and they responded with a short sentence : " it is a hardware problem , replace the PC ." I was not given any explanation , bad service . I believe that even they know what the problem is due . Are undecided whether to let me replace because the problem is not me giving more , but I think of the money I spent and the pc has given me from the start. We can have a definite answer on the issue by this company ? I think I 'll buy another laptop of another brand . I used google translate.
16 REPLIES 16

kanecvr
Level 7
Go to the shop you bought it from and have them reinstall windows for you. Then have them disable Windows Update. It causes black screen issues on most machines, laptops and desktops.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
This is not a widespread problem and it does sound as though there is either a hardware defect or some very buggy firmware that is causing the system to go haywire at POST.

As long as the laptop came with a warranty, you can have Asus fix the issue for you. Or, if you prefer, you can exchange it if your seller allows. Either way, this is a good model, you just so happened to be unfortunate in receiving a lemon.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

mattex94
Level 7
But it is a hardware or software problem ?

mattex94
Level 7
I can get an answer ?

Hello, I have the same problem. I have had two Asus G751JT now en they both have the same problems. Sometimes when I switch on the notebook I see the screen flickering but I have no image on it....then I must press the power button en then put it on again and my screen does work.......(sorry for my bad english). I hope they can fix it with un firmware or bios upgrade but I don't now if it is a bigger hardware problem in this series?

Qosmio
Level 8
Hi, I have the same problem.

redrum55
Level 7
I just purchased a new G751JT and it won't boot up. Just shuts down about 20 seconds after pressing the power button. Nothing appears on the screen at all, just a black screen.

I thought ASUS was reliable. This is an expensive computer and I expect it to at least boot up out of the box. Returning it to the store tomorrow and I will be asking for a full refund.

this also happens on mu G751JY ... what is wrong with this computer? I never had trouble with my G73SW before, I expected so much more from my new laptop.

Alevi
Level 7
The same here with my ROG G751JY DH71. Sometimes on boot.. black screen... i tried everything, format, update, nothing solve this. Asus answer: send to repair, repair what ? And software problem ? Or an massive problem with many and many asus rog models ? Still waiting for an answer... One tip, if the black screens comes sometimes you can access it with chrome remote desktop to restart it and dont have to use the reset button. Connect an hdmi to an tv or monitor works too, there you have image.

Sorry for my english