cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Z97-Pro Onboard Sound Specs?

jkteddy77
Level 7
The Asus Page for my mobo is very vague, and I want to know about everything on this board.
I just bought Beyerdynamic DT 990's and they are 250ohm headphhones.
I see that the Asus Maximus VII has a sonic sense onboard amp for up to around 300ohms, and the SupremeFX Formula 2014 can go up to 600ohms, but there is absolutely no info about my board itself.

What parts are in the Asus Z97 Pro like the DAC model and the Amp model. I know it has ALC1150 Crystal Sound 2 Audiom but that means nothing to me.
I need to know the impedance limits of the Z97-Pro's onboard amp and whether it would be enough to power DT 990's at 250ohms.

Asus really needs to stop being deceiving and let us know in plain english or on a simple graph the capabilities of all of their onboard Audio solutions on every board, instead of just the versions and names of their audio software or platform.

Any information would be great. I need to sort this out and I figured this is the best place to find this information.
1 REPLY 1

InitialG
Level 7
Don't know the specs but i do have Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm headphones and the Z97 pro wifi-ac. The sound via the asus board is outstanding. I am fairly certain the board drives the headphones just right. Compared to my two Onkyo receivers (TX-SR503E and the newer TX-NR636 (dolby atmos) the sound on the asus is way more balanced and sweet. On the onkyo's the DT 990 pros have really harsh highs, to the point its really unpleasant, not so on the asus! Do make sure your source material is good though, its now easy to tell difference between an mp3 and a FLAC file.

I was considering and external DAC and headphone amp, but i very much doubt the sound would get (audibly) better. The volume is easily sufficient as well. I typically listen at 18% volume. 30% for prolonged use would give hearing loss I think, they go really loud without distorting.