cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia update - G751 now running at 75Hz ?

Sagi
Level 7
I just updated to the lastest nvidia driver (347.09) and now my laptop seems to be running 75Hz instead of 60Hz.

Anyone else with the same experience ?
The King of the north!
38 REPLIES 38

DeltaActual
Level 12
I've noticed it as well after updating) Good stuff, but i'm running mine @100Hz with zero artifacts.
Cheers
G614JV

BRSxIgnition
Level 9
I can confirm this as well.

Until we get an extended "Everything's working fine, no problems!!" from those of us that are running at 100hz, I'll stick with this.

BRSxIgnition wrote:

Until we get an extended "Everything's working fine, no problems!!" from those of us that are running at 100hz, I'll stick with this.

Same here.. I don't want to risk anything.
The King of the north!

BRSxIgnition wrote:

No-one has reported any problems, mine works 100% fine at 100hz. It's just a refresh rate overclock, and if it didn't work then the screen would switch back to default refresh rates.

Richdog wrote:
No-one has reported any problems, mine works 100% fine at 100hz. It's just a refresh rate overclock, and if it didn't work then the screen would switch back to default refresh rates.

That is not entirely true, even MarshallR@ASUS said that it might damage the screen.
The King of the north!

Sagi wrote:
That is not entirely true, even MarshallR@ASUS said that it might damage the screen.

I would be interested to hear his reasoning of that from a technical perspective, as if the refresh rate is accepted and stable then it should just work... if not it will artifact/black screen and revert back to stock settings.

Sagi wrote:

link please, but then again.... do you really think that he knows?????? ))))
G614JV

DeltaActual wrote:
link please, but then again.... do you really think that he knows?????? ))))

I remember someone on notebookreview who tried 100Hz, causing screen ghosting.

th3l34sh
Level 7
Yeah I noticed it back when these drivers were Beta.

How I did notice this was that I was getting vertical lines on the screen whenever the screen was displaying grey shades. I checked NVidia's control panel and found the new default refresh rate. Changing back to 60 Hz removed the grey lines. So I'm gonna have to stick with 60 Hz 😞

Also if you want to check this, you should look real close to the screen.