Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ROG Member Array

I got a problem with graphics performance after updating to the latest driver which runs the screen on 75 hz. I got really crap 3dmark scores like 6000. If i restart the pc i get good scores like 8500. The problem was the nvidia battery boost. If i disconnect and reconnect the pc to the ac adapter the card is still running on low performance. The solution was to simply disable the battery boost option in the geforce experience. The weird thing is that i didnt get this problem with the previous driver.

ROG Enthusiast Array

sunny474 thanks for suggestion. I got the same with old driver! After manually changing the refresh rate i got lower performance... Are you sure is this all about battery boost?

ROG Member Array

Nope,i get the same score both with the older driver which runs the screen on 60hz and with the newer which is 75hz. Approximately 8500. Dunno why you got different scores with different drivers. I just spotted a problem with battery boost. If i unplug the ac adapter and plug it back to the pc the card doesnt get back to it's default performance. That's why i got a score with 6k. Disabling the battery boost solved this issue. Now if i unplug and replug the adapter it can go back to it's deffault performance without rebooting the system.
    My problem was just a silly power management problem.
    The only thing which i encountered so far with the 980m is the annoying coil whine in some games. Such an annoying noise.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have a G751JT. Before I install any nVidia drivers, the display rate was reported as 64Hz (?!). After I installed the latest nVidia driver from the nVidia site I get 60Hz. Is there any specifics that you do, guys, to get the 75Hz by default ? Would it be safe to run at custom 75Hz, having that I don't get them by default ?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Does anyone have a definitive answer on whether or not running 100hz can ruin the monitor if it seemingly works? MarshalIR commented that inverted pixels can happen which which is pretty bad.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

New driver, still 75Hz but still no overclocking

ROG Enthusiast Array

My problem is that even after creating a custom resolution of 1920x1080, in-game, for example, GTA IV EFLC shows only 75 Hz options for all resolutions.

ROG Member Array

Can anybody please confirm that the IPS screen in the g751jt is capable of working full-time at 75 Hz ? It would be a shame to run it at that frequency and after some time to discover the screen is ruined .

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I've gotten myself a red dot (pixel) on the screen.. Not sure when or why

I guess this will be the 3rd time it goes back for RMA ...
    The King of the north!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4