cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No image period on ROG Swift

FriedZombie
Level 7
I've only been able to tinker with this thing for about 20 minutes before I had things to take care of, but after a quick unboxing and hooking this bad boy up....I haven't been able to see a single pixel illuminate no matter what I do. I have a refurb HP Smartbuy ZR2740wv2 that uses DP that works just fine....Is there any error codes with the LED lights that can be visible on top of the monitor? I noticed that a solid red light appears through the top right exhaust port with a green LED that flickers on when I try to power cycle my monitor.

Any help at all would be appreciated and I'll edit this thread if anything changes.
6 REPLIES 6

jon3sey
Level 7
Try uninstalling all nvidia drivers and geforce experience then fresh install. Fixed the issue for me earlier today.

jon3sey wrote:
Try uninstalling all nvidia drivers and geforce experience then fresh install. Fixed the issue for me earlier today.

Tried that, nothing. Does a white light for the power indicator mean the display is on? Because the backlight won't even turn on

Starrbuck
Level 9
Your Windows may be producing a signal that's out of range. Try booting into safe mode which will force a low resolution.

Starrbuck wrote:
Your Windows may be producing a signal that's out of range. Try booting into safe mode which will force a low resolution.

Safe mode didn't recognize the monitor at all, do you want me to try doing that while only having one DP into my PC?

FriedZombie
Level 7
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2263771/asus-rog-swift-pg278q-range.html < like this out of range issue? Because if so then I don't think that is my issue as I've never seen one single pixel illuminate so far on this panel.

I already boxed up the monitor for RMA but I'll try your suggestion when I'm done with work tonight.

420Man
Level 7
I posted this in another topic but it may help. This same issue made me Scrooge over the holiday break, but I finally got it working...

I initially had the same issues with this monitor. My setup below:

Gigabyte X68
I7-2600K
8 gig Corsair Vengence
EVGA 690 Signature

I first tried getting an adapter for the mini DP on the back of the 690 to connect it to the DP on the ROG Swift. This resulted in black screen / zero recognition of any input from the GPU (or both GPUs in the 690's case). I figured that I needed a Mini DP to DP cord and ordered one on Amazon. But I wasn't happy with my current situation so I kept digging. Since I recently upgraded my wife to a EVGA 980 SC from an MSI 660, I took her old GPU and gave it a go since it had native DP as an output. This resulted in the same black screen no input as before.

At this point I was very frustrated as I'm sure many of you are. What I did next was actually the one of my first mistake: called ASUS customer support. What a joke! Granted it's the day after Christmas and all but waiting on the phone for an hour was unacceptable. However, while I was listening to the CS queued background noise on speaker phone I decided to keep trying my own trial and error fixes for the no input issue. And that's when the solution hit me.

I saw my old monitor laying on the ground and figured I better plug it in if I wanted to game today at all. After plugging it in to the DVI port on the back of the 660, my old monitor came to life as I expect any monitor to do. Having my old monitor hooked up, I plugged in the ROG Swift as a secondary monitor and BOOM it finally came to life. I quickly disconnected my DVI "main" monitor and the ROG Swift took over as the main monitor. I haven't had a problem since. It turns on at the touch of a button and always has recognized the signal. I hope this helps someone else.

BTW, my wife also got an ASUS ROG Swift and her monitor worked right out of the box... granted it was hooked up to her brand new EVGA 980 SC.

\TLDR\
Try another monitor as your main monitor, then plug in the ROG Swift as a secondary monitor. If both turn on, unplug the "other" monitor and see if this solved whatever underlying issue you were having.

Werd,
420Man