Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions for G751JT-CH71 owners

Adly2010
Level 7
Hello
I just want to ask some questions about G751JT-CH71
1- How many seconds does boot take (time from pressing power key untill desktop appears) ?
2- did you try to overlock the cpu to make sure that it has turbo up to 3.5 GHz?
3- IS sound good and loud ? >> can i watch a movie with 4 friends with loud sound that make us enjoying the movie with a clear and loud sound ?
16 REPLIES 16

kanecvr
Level 7
Hi.

1 - If you have windows installed in UEFI mode, it takes 2-4 seconds to boot. (G751JY with a 128GB Kingston V300 SATA SSD and 8GB of Dual Channel Memory 2x4GB Micron 1.35v). If you have windows installed in legacy mode, it takes 6-15 seconds to boot, same configuration as before.

2 - you can set turbo to 3.5 all cores using intel extreme tuning utility, but it only works on bios revision 220 and older. After you upgrade you can set turbo to 3.4GHz on all cores. You can set BCLK (FSB) quite high, and get amazing OC (I got 3,9 GHz easy with latest bios) but the cooling sistem can't handle more then 3.5 GHz, so it's an exercise in futility.

3. It's loud - louder then most laptops.

kanecvr
Level 7
Dupe post -sorry

Adly2010
Level 7
kanecvr wrote:
Hi.

1 - If you have windows installed in UEFI mode, it takes 2-4 seconds to boot. (G751JY with a 128GB Kingston V300 SATA SSD and 8GB of Dual Channel Memory 2x4GB Micron 1.35v). If you have windows installed in legacy mode, it takes 6-15 seconds to boot, same configuration as before.

2 - you can set turbo to 3.5 all cores using intel extreme tuning utility, but it only works on bios revision 220 and older. After you upgrade you can set turbo to 3.4GHz on all cores. You can set BCLK (FSB) quite high, and get amazing OC (I got 3,9 GHz easy with latest bios) but the cooling sistem can't handle more then 3.5 GHz, so it's an exercise in futility.

3. It's loud - louder then most laptops.

you talk about G751JT or G751JY ? with ssd or without?

Adly2010
Level 7
none of owners wants to share his experience ?

geneticweapon
Level 7
Adly2010 wrote:
Hello
I just want to ask some questions about G751JT-CH71
1- How many seconds does boot take (time from pressing power key untill desktop appears) ?

hmscott
Level 12
Nice Kitty Eye's 🙂

hmscott wrote:
Nice Kitty Eye's 🙂

She's always interested in what I'm doing 😄

i wait any reply

Adly2010
Level 7
i want more answers from owners 🙂