cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift price hike?

1sthurricane
Level 7
I have been looking to get the Monitor and the x99 deluxe mobo....the monitor has been hanging around $800.00 US and went to check if stock had come into New Egg and the price has jumped...uhhh...blasted up to $1500.00!!! I am on my 3rd ASUS monitor and 4th ASUS mobo and have been very happy.Ready for my new x99 new build and there is no way I can afford that coin for the ROG monitor.What gives?Please tell me greed is not involved here because of supply and demand.I am a very loyal ASUS customer...but this might be a deal breaker.
9 REPLIES 9

mdzcpa
Level 12
This monitor has been VERY popular and stocks have been low since launch months ago. Beware of sites that are price gouging. Surprised to see new egg gouging though. Finding these in stock anywhere at suggested retail remains a challenge.

X-ROG
Level 15
Does Newegg do partner stores like Amazon? Are you sure it's from Newegg themselves or some 3rd party?

420Man
Level 7
It's a third party, look under the price and it will tell you who is actually selling the product.

BTW, I picked up two ASUS ROG Swifts the other day from Fry's Electronics and they had a pallet full of them in the back. Point is check your local brick and mortars too if you want to find inventory and not get sucked into the belief that there are limited stock of these items.

-420MAN

Which frys? They dont even have them listed on their website as a product they sell....

As far as the newegg price; Newegg has a demand algorhythm that will adjust the price of a item based on stock and clicks; So if there are a ton of people that are clicking on the product and asking for auto notify then the price goes up.
They also use spiders to go out and check the price and stock of their competitors and adjust accordingly.
So if there is no stock anywhere but there and there is a lot of traffic, the price goes up; If there is a lot of stock all over and the price is competitive, they will either drop the price or advertise it more.
There was a article about it a long time ago; They might have changed that now that they are acting like amazon and doing 3rd party sales, but it was there.

Volt
Level 9
US Newegg still lists it for $100 off list price, for $799.99.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=Asus+Ro...

Although when I click on the details link, the price goes up to $1,499.95 and it says sold and ship by Action Packaged Inc.

When I was looking to buy a couple months ago, it was out of stock at the places not charging above list. But it said it was in stock from 3rd party places charging several hundred more for it.

Praz
Level 13
$800.00 at NCIX with free shipping. 27 in stock as I type this.

http://www.ncixus.com/products/?sku=100910

simfreak101
Level 7
Its a misprint, i think those are allocated for pre-orders; because i tried to add one to my cart and it said this product is not available;
When i check stock it says 0 but 4 in coming;
I was able to order 2 from synnex since the comapny i work for does resale stuff; So i was able to get it for about $750 + shipping; They only had 2 so i picked those up.
i still have a order open with shopblt; which has had it on backorder since october...
I guess the good news is, they are coming.
So i g

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The info was valid when I typed it as it was confirmed by NCIX. They had received 31 total.

I am happy to say I purchased for $799.99 on Amazon.The New Egg price that made me blow my load was...yes...a 3rd party vendor.