ROG Member Array

Another Rog Swift Fault thread

Hey Guys. I love my Swift, I was a fairly early adopter - got mine in September. I've kind of stumbled across all the defective panel issues and it's got me worried. I have a little light bleed along the bottom edge (which is no big deal) and NO dead pixels. However, in the bottom right corner there is a faint darker spot/ smudge and an even fainter larger one a third of the way in. You only really see them if you look for them, and more prominent on the windows 8.1 blue shutdown screen.

What should I do? It's a lot of money that I have spent and I thought it was well spent as it's awful going back to normal 60hz displays, It's clearly changed the way I game. I just want it to last a few years.

Many thanks, James

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Dave6479's Avatar

That's the exact problem I had with my previous monitor, the Dell U2711. Slightly dark patches always in the same area and was always noticeable when there was a light background like on a web page. No idea what caused it in the first place but I didn't have it for the first two years. If I got it again with this monitor I'd send it away as it was one of the main reasons I upgraded.
    I7 4770K @ 4.6GHz, Custom Water Loop
    Asus Maximus VI Extreme-Z87, BIOS 1603
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3, Vulkan 356.43 Skyn3t VBIOS
    Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1866MHz, 16GB
    Samsung 850 250GB SSD (OS)
    Samsung 840 120GB SSD
    Corsair GT 120 SSD
    Corsair Performance Pro 128 SSD
    OCZ Vertex4 120 SSD
    PSU EVGA SuperNova 1300W
    ASUS Swift PG278Q 144Hz G-Sync
    Oculus Rift DK2 + Leap Motion
    Windows 10 64-Bit Insider Build 14271

ROG Member Array

Thanks for your reply bud. I don't know what to do. I'm absolutely astonished that these fault threads get no attention or advice from Asus. Should have just stayed with Dell I guess.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Volt PC Specs
    Volt PC Specs
    MotherboardGIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z97 ATX
    Processori7-4790K 4.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)ADATA 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1nVidia Gefroce GTX 1080 w/8 GB
    Sound CardMotherboard G1 - Creative Sound Core3D
    MonitorASUS Rog PG348Q Swift
    Storage #1250 GB Samsung 850 Pro
    Storage #22TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III
    CPU CoolerAsetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D
    Keyboard Corsair K70 STRAFE
    Mouse Logitech Pro
    OS Win 10
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

Do you notice it while gaming?

I got my Swift in November. I think I originally came to this forum, for I was trying to find out some info on optimal use of my monitor. At the time, most of the posts seemed to be about people having various problems with their monitor. After reading some of the threads, I started to notice that my monitor does some odd things too, with those pixel inversion test screens when I try them out on my desktop. And I notice it does some subtle and odd things when I move my web browser around the screen with my mouse. Now, if I never had read these threads would I have noticed these odd issues of my monitor? Maybe, maybe not. Do I want my $900 monitor to perform perfectly? Of course I do.

The good news is that It's been awesome for gaming full screen. I'm super happy. FPS gaming has taken on a whole new level of immersion and enjoyment.

Another good thing is this monitor has a 3 year warrenty. So be sure to register it with Asus. http://rog.asus.com/339252014/gaming...aming-monitor/

ROG Member Array

I have the exact same thing on both of the bottom corners of my Swift. I believe it has to do with the way the backlight hits the corners. Mine developed over time (took about 2 months for it to occur), but it's pretty strong now. Unfortunately, I don't know of any solution other than RMA, which is a nightmare. :/