cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL551JM-DH71 and general ROG questions

Vieu
Level 7
Hey all, new to the ASUS and ROG community.
I have a couple questions that I couldn't get answers from elsewhere, be it from my lack of research skills or just laziness.
First of all, the ROG logo... what is it? I had a discussion with friends, we think it's either a bird with a cape, a quarter view of an angry person with a mask (or without a mask), or just plain RG. Either way I really like the logo, it's rather nice looking. Also do you pronounce ROG "rogue"? I started doing that right away and now I'm not sure I'm correct.

Okay on to the serious questions, is this compatible with 1TB SSD? I thought it would have no problem but.....
I lost my adapter. I'm not kidding. Someone is stupid enough to lose their adapter/powerbrick/charger within the first month. Where can I get a replacement? I've tried two replacements so far, one of them was just plain wrong (an ASUS adaptor for other laptops. but the same voltage so I thought it shouldn't have damaged it), and the other is this one.
So basically I'm not sure if my problem is

• The non-asus adapter doesn't work (though the brick lights up)
  • The usage of some adapter somewhere along the line fried my computer be it because of quality or negative positive I don't know enough about adapters.
  • 1TB SSDs aren't compatible
  • I installed the SSD incorrectly (I have now reinstalled the HDD and it still doesn't turn on or indicate it is charging)
  • I broke something else

further:

• I've voided the warranty haven't I?
  • Is there any way to get or buy a specific adapter from ASUS? When I tried to contact them before the return date and before I broke the warranty (?), they offered only to replace the entire product, laptop and adapter together.
  • I've gotten compliments from strangers on this beauty 😉 that is, when I don't have my fingerprints smearing the entire thing...
0 REPLIES 0