cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If having trouble getting audio while connecting laptop to tv (etc.) via HDMI out

foreverblitz
Level 7
I recently had a lot of fun figuring out how to get sound transferred over to my tv from my laptop while watching movies. I found many other people that had the same issue, and the solution everyone gave was to go to controlpanel-sound-playback to activate TV speakers. And if they didn't see the TV speakers click disabled devices and enable it. That worked for most people but for some it didn't. Like those people with continued issues, there were no devices listed. even under disabled devices. One went to the length of re-installing many drivers and so on. Nothing worked for him, he too had an ASUS ROG laptop. I noticed he said he was using a rocketfish HDMI as I am. So i pulled out my rocketfish(which by the way was one of the more expensive HDMI cables at bestbuy) and used some random non-branded cord and all of the sudden my TV is recognized and sound is working perfectly, it even switched resolutions and recommended I change settings. With the rocketfish there was no recognition whatsoever that I was connected to a display, it is a fairly new cord too.
Anyways, just throwing this on here so anyone else that has this issue can see this post if they search google and find out a solution could be as easy switching out your HDMI cord, especially if it is a rocketfish.
1 REPLY 1

Bigote
Level 7
I bought a hdmi cable at Home Depot 50' works great but it is marked in and out.