Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    ROG Member Array

True, true, I just submitted my RMA 5min ago, called the support center, they said, they will process my request, and probably tomorrow the GLS will come and pick my rig up )) I hope they are as helpful and quick about this as they said...

ROG Enthusiast Array

I am somewhat surprised to read about overheating. So far, my unit (751JT) has seen temps of max 79C for CPU and some 67-68C for GPU, standard cooling profiles. I guess I'm either lucky or just need to wait for issues haha.

About fan speed... my older Sager was A+ in terms of support; in order to keep the temps low, they provided BIOS updates that gave you 3 modes :
    -Fn+1 for max fan speed, which kept the GPU, at that time, a 7950 GTX at, and am not kidding AT ALL, at MAX 55C at all times and CPU at 65C, with Undervolting, of course,
    -Fn+2 medium fan mode (like a 30% fan speed permanently until temps reached 80C, when the fans went into full mode)
    -Fn+3 was like 50% fan speed with the same 80C (I might be wrong about this one though).

So....being a gaming laptop, main priority should be cooling, in order to get the max performance at all times. I don't see why ASUS could not do the same thing... I ran my Dell XPS M1730 at 100% fan speed for nearly 5 years and had no problem with the noise, since the temps were under 75C at all times...

It's a matter of priorities and performance on demand. ASUS should give such a small thing for a great reward.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

This is just what we are hopping to get on a future Bios update. They could also implement more fan profiles if they are willing but I would just be satisfied if the fans would go to a 3200-3300rpm once the temps reach 70-75C. It seems that the high temperature problems are more common for the units that shipped before Christmas. It may be that they have changed something for the next shipments. I don't know what happened. I may also go for a repaste on the CPU at the warranty service when summer gets near.

New ROGer Array

Want to share my experience. I bought a G751JT last year, ran great with max temps of 85 cpu and 70 gpu. Last month it dropped dead, sent it to ASUS and they changed the motherboard. Since then my cpu temps are as high as 95. I decided to take thing into my own hands and re-paste it with MX-4. Some pics of the internals.

Now sure how they managed to bend the fins but I managed to straighten them.

Now my max CPU temp is 77 and 65 for gpu (with +135 Mhz overclock).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151216_175734.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	54113

While I was doing putting it back together I had not installed the keyboard fully, just plugged the cables so the fans were exposed and noticed that they do not spin al low temps. Even watching a youtube video the gpu fan was not running. Once I started a game it ramped up. I will never understand why the fans don't have proper intake. Did a test like this and the CPU did not exceed 65 in aida64.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 20151216_171451.jpg  

20151216_171458.jpg  

Last edited by m17xr2b; 12-16-2015 at 08:43 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

@NitroX

I just want to give a big shoutout to NitroX for his fan profile. Testing it in Unigine Valley from the stock fan profile I get a whopping 20C lower on my GTX 980m and the extra noise is pretty much not even noticeable. Thank you so much!!!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post
    @NitroX

I just want to give a big shoutout to NitroX for his fan profile. Testing it in Unigine Valley from the stock fan profile I get a whopping 20C lower on my GTX 980m and the extra noise is pretty much not even noticeable. Thank you so much!!!
    I have contacted him for the gpu profile and still didnt receive any answer from him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5