Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

This thread sure died.

So I'm assuming that Targus is a no no? It says the Targus XL is for 17 inch laptops (not 17.3 inch), and, when you look at their website, their ONLY 17.3 inch laptop bag has smaller interior dimensions than the Targus XL...

Which is too bad. I've had a Targus bag for my smaller laptops for YEARS. lol

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by falkenjeff View Post
    This thread sure died.

So I'm assuming that Targus is a no no? It says the Targus XL is for 17 inch laptops (not 17.3 inch), and, when you look at their website, their ONLY 17.3 inch laptop bag has smaller interior dimensions than the Targus XL...

Which is too bad. I've had a Targus bag for my smaller laptops for YEARS. lol
    I also have a Targus Eco Spruce and I do like it but from what I recall they do not have any bags that can fit the G75/G750/G751 laptops. So yea, it is pretty much a "No,no". At least, until they come up with a 18" bag/backpack to be sure that your 4kg beast fits (with power supply & mouse).

This is why I recommended Everki Beacon. Because you can easily put your laptop, +mouse+mousepad+heatset+a bottle of water+snacks+ notebooks(for school)+USB stick+many other small things. That backpack is one of the best things I have ever bought. Plus: You do have a soft cushioned compartment for the laptop which is scratch proof (and I have tested it for 1 year with my G75VW).

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by NitroX View Post
    I also have a Targus Eco Spruce and I do like it but from what I recall they do not have any bags that can fit the G75/G750/G751 laptops. So yea, it is pretty much a "No,no". At least, until they come up with a 18" bag/backpack to be sure that your 4kg beast fits (with power supply & mouse).

This is why I recommended Everki Beacon. Because you can easily put your laptop, +mouse+mousepad+heatset+a bottle of water+snacks+ notebooks(for school)+USB stick+many other small things. That backpack is one of the best things I have ever bought. Plus: You do have a soft cushioned compartment for the laptop which is scratch proof (and I have tested it for 1 year with my G75VW).
    I'm comparing the beacon and titan and can't decide.

http://www.everki.com/products1/back...p-to-18-detail

http://www.everki.com/products1/back...to-18-4-detail

Is there anything that makes the beacon a better choice over the titan?

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

I'm comparing the beacon and titan and can't decide.
    http://www.everki.com/products1/back...p-to-18-detail
    http://www.everki.com/products1/back...to-18-4-detail
    Is there anything that makes the beacon a better choice over the titan?
    falkenjeff, the video doesn't do the Titan justice

The Titan is *huge* and can fit a lot of stuff, way more than most people will want to carry every day.

The Beacon video shows why I didn't get that either, it has a nice sleeve for carrying a Gaming Console, but not many other pockets. You can use the large open space left over when you don't use the Gaming Console sleeve, but it is just open space.

The ROG Nomad backpack has just the right amount of room, and can't grow too big - like the Titan - and uses the space efficiently with lots of compartments and pockets for keeping things from lumping up at the bottom of the bag - like it would in the Beacon.

Asus Nomad Backpack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XTT9uGUAk

That video shows off a lot of the compartments, but not all of them

Of the 3 I went with the Nomad, if I wanted to carry around a Gaming Console too, I would have picked the Beacon. The Titan is just too large
    Last edited by hmscott; 02-20-2015 at 10:30 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    falkenjeff, the video doesn't do the Titan justice

The Titan is *huge* and can fit a lot of stuff, way more than most people will want to carry every day.

The Beacon video shows why I didn't get that either, it has a nice sleeve for carrying a Gaming Console, but not many other pockets. You can use the large open space left over when you don't use the Gaming Console sleeve, but it is just open space.

The ROG Nomad backpack has just the right amount of room, and can't grow too big - like the Titan - and uses the space efficiently with lots of compartments and pockets for keeping things from lumping up at the bottom of the bag - like it would in the Beacon.

Asus Nomad Backpack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9XTT9uGUAk

That video shows off a lot of the compartments, but not all of them

Of the 3 I went with the Nomad, if I wanted to carry around a Gaming Console too, I would have picked the Beacon. The Titan is just too large
    it sounds like I might want the titan then? lol

Sometimes I carry around both my ROG and my mac mini (which is about the same size as my Wii), along with a mouse, a ton of cords, and a wireless keyboard. Sometimes I throw everything in, including AA batteries and charger, HDMI cords, etc.

Would it be safe to say that with the titan I could carry my mac mini, ROG, smaller windows laptop, a Wii, and various accessories? lol

hmscott PC Specs

it sounds like I might want the titan then? lol
    Sometimes I carry around both my ROG and my mac mini (which is about the same size as my Wii), along with a mouse, a ton of cords, and a wireless keyboard. Sometimes I throw everything in, including AA batteries and charger, HDMI cords, etc.
    Would it be safe to say that with the titan I could carry my mac mini, ROG, smaller windows laptop, a Wii, and various accessories? lol
    falkenjeff, IDK if the compartments would match, but there should be enough volume. The Beacon would fit the Wii/MacMini in the Gaming Console sleeve. I guess I would recommend getting smaller bags for the other components and carry them along with instead of all inside 1 big bag. I think the Titan with all that stuff would be too heavy for most people to enjoy carrying

You really sound like you should go and see the bags, or order a couple and try them out for a while before deciding. You might be like me and end up owning many bags

ROG Enthusiast Array

I just wanted to post because I have been looking for a bag for my G751 as well.

I ordered the Oakley Kitchen Sink after reading everyone saying that it will fit the G751. The fact is, it will fit the laptop, just not in the designated laptop sleeve area... If I am going to keep the kitchen sink, I will need to buy a laptop sleeve that will fit my G751 before I put it into the main compartment of the backpack to keep it safe. I also am not quite sure if I am sold on the amount of compartments on the kitchen sink. Its mainly the laptop sleeve in the back of the very large compartment, then that very large compartment. After that, there is a spot for pencils and calculator and whatever else you would want in the other, but smaller, front pouch. The two side pouches are large.

I read that the Ogio Renegade RSS 17 wouldn't hold the laptop, but maybe it would if I don't try to put it in the designated laptop sleeve, like the Oakley backpack. I like how the Ogio has many compartments to keep everything organized. So I am going to take my laptop with me to Best Buy and check out an Ogio and what it would provide for me.

I am not quite sold on the Everki backpacks. I haven't looked at them in person, I will look at them if they have them at Best Buy as well when I am there.

The ROG Nomad looks nice, but I don't think it is the one for me.

Edit: Does anyone know of a laptop sleeve that will fit the G751? Just a sleeve, with no extra compartments or anything. Just something to protect the laptop.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I got the titan. Not disappointed at all.

It's a tight squeeze into the laptop sleeve though. I can't imagine shoving an 18.3 inch laptop into that. It would literally only fit if the length was the only larger dimension - if the thickness or width were larger, it would be a no-go.

hmscott PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by A Deviant Hero View Post
    I just wanted to post because I have been looking for a bag for my G751 as well.
    I ordered the Oakley Kitchen Sink after reading everyone saying that it will fit the G751. The fact is, it will fit the laptop, just not in the designated laptop sleeve area... If I am going to keep the kitchen sink, I will need to buy a laptop sleeve that will fit my G751 before I put it into the main compartment of the backpack to keep it safe. I also am not quite sure if I am sold on the amount of compartments on the kitchen sink. Its mainly the laptop sleeve in the back of the very large compartment, then that very large compartment. After that, there is a spot for pencils and calculator and whatever else you would want in the other, but smaller, front pouch. The two side pouches are large.
    Which color/design did you get? I have the black leather one, and use it with the G750JH. I put a Macbook Pro in the slim back area, and my G750JH in the middle area, and before that put my Asus 18" W90vp in that same spot, and have been using that bag and Asus laptops in it for 5 years... no damage to any of the Asus laptops and no damage to the bag either - looks like new

There are internal compartments and external compartments, including the top hardcase bubble at the top, where I have safely kept my phone and other fragile components.

If you want a bag that is designed for laptop, tablet, phone, and accessories - the Nomad is the one you want.

All bags, except the Nomad, won't carry the G750/G751 in the laptop fitted area - the G750/G751 are just too thick and tall

I haven't heard of a sleeve that fits the G750/G751...anyone else?

It's possible an Alienware 18" bag might have a laptop sleeve/compartment that fits ok, but I haven't tried one yet. I don't need to have people thinking I'm an easy mark with a $6500 computer in my Alien Head backpack

Asus also has the Shuttle Backpack, which fits the G750/G751 (Shuttle II), and it is slimmer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRfikcF1USA

I found a review for the RSS, and at least 1 comment says it barely fits their Macbook Pro in the laptop compartment - most are fitted for a Macbook Pro thickness.

Ogio Renegade RSS backpack review (Quality, Close-ups) -> 2:45 shows inside of laptop compartment - very thin...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMSTBB2aEcg

Review: Ogio Renegade RSS 17 -> 5:00 shows him putting in his Macbook Pro - again a thin compartment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8wZGd1WgQk
    Last edited by hmscott; 02-22-2015 at 05:35 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Reply to hmscott, I have the stealth black Oakley kitchen sink and I like it.

I went to Best Buy, Staples, and Office Depot today searching to a sleeve. I found ONE that would fit without being too thick with extra compartments. It is the Swiss Gear 17.3" "theSHERPA" Computer Slimcase.

It fits snug, but definitely fits well. If it didn't fit well, I wouldn't have bought it.

I can fit the laptop in the sleeve + 2 or 3 1" binders in the main compartment of the Kitchen Sink. Then the front compartment (smaller one) I have 3 calculators (graphing, scientific, and accounting is why I have 3 freaking calculators), a pretty thick day planner, pack of extra AAA batteries, and pencils and pens. I could fit some more small items in that compartment as well. In one of the two side pouches I have some gloves and a beanie for just in case, and the other side pouch is empty. All that I described weighed in at 19.5 lbs. With the laptop and sleeve taken out, it weighed 9.5 lbs. Just to give some perspective on the Kitchen Sink.

EDIT: Someone just listed a Swiss Gear Sherpa sleeve on ebay for $16 Buy It Now + $9 shipping. Its $40 everywhere else, just letting anyone know if they are interested, even though it is a used one.
    Last edited by A Deviant Hero; 02-22-2015 at 05:36 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast