cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection issues with G751J

Xenochaos
Level 7
Hi, I'm having terrible connection issues with my new laptop, I can barely stream Youtube, or load a simple video on Facebook. But when it comes to League of Legends I'll be fine, with the occasional client crash because of the instability of my connection. When I run SPeedtest I'll get around 70 Mbps download, and then the upload won't test, it just stops after it tests the download speed. Loading images on Google, and other sites is also difficult, they usually end up loading as the little windows picture icon. I'm fairly sure it isn't my ISP, and I'm at loss for other reasons. I also can't download programs from their sites, such as Gyazo, I get a Failed - Network error 99% of the time. Frustrating spending $2, 200 on a high end gaming laptop and having such trivial problems.

TLDR;
- I'm on wireless
- Videos load very slow
- 70 mbps dl speed upload won't test on Speedtest.net
- Pictures on Google and other sites won't load sometimes
- Gaming is fine ms is normal
7 REPLIES 7

fidelity101
Level 7
Running IE, Firefox, Chrome? Do all the browsers have this issue? I'm troubleshooting my older G75VW right now which is running windows 7 and third party wireless drivers as ASUS never bothered to support windows 7...I'm having the same slowness issue.

So far, I've improved the speed by uninstalling and re installing the drivers though I have no idea why that would fix anything. I'm also finding faster internet speeds using 5Ghz vs. 2.4Ghz...again not sure why.

If you're getting amazing download speeds but crappy upload speeds, I'd wonder if you might have a firewall installed which is blocking outgoing traffic? Do you have norton garbage on your computer? Or any other firewall/virus software that might be controlling your internet traffic?

fidelity101 wrote:
Running IE, Firefox, Chrome? Do all the browsers have this issue? I'm troubleshooting my older G75VW right now which is running windows 7 and third party wireless drivers as ASUS never bothered to support windows 7...I'm having the same slowness issue.

So far, I've improved the speed by uninstalling and re installing the drivers though I have no idea why that would fix anything. I'm also finding faster internet speeds using 5Ghz vs. 2.4Ghz...again not sure why.

If you're getting amazing download speeds but crappy upload speeds, I'd wonder if you might have a firewall installed which is blocking outgoing traffic? Do you have norton garbage on your computer? Or any other firewall/virus software that might be controlling your internet traffic?

I should have added my browser, I'm using Chrome. I disabled my ESET and it helped for downloading the Battle.net Blizzard app, I think I'll try another antivirus to see if it makes a difference. I read up a bit on 5Ghz vs. 2.4 Ghz and the only difference I leanered was that 5 is more stable than 2.4, but the 2.4 has faster speeds?

I am frustrated as well that I spent so much money on a laptop that seems to work in every way except it can't be updated because of the failing downloads. I have other computers in the house and none of them are having this issue. I spent an entire day trying to get a Blizzard game downloaded using the app only to end up downloading it on another computer and then transfer it. I tried updating the wifi drivers but it didn't seem to help. I might end up getting a USB wifi adapter if I can't get it fixed. Internet Explorer or Chrome doesn't seem to matter which photos by themselves tend to fail part way through downloading as well as the files. I am using Avast! and I also have that on the other machines too. It's definitely frustrating.

fabrimacator21
Level 7
Have you tried hooking an ethernet cable directly to your router? Might help you narrow down the problem if it's WiFi related.

dapogz
Level 8
Same Issue here with Avast.. Disabling avast while uploading on FTP and Downloading on Browser.. Greatly improves my connection.. whats the point of having an AV, if you need to disable it everytime you need a good speed.. guess i also need to find a good AV.. although OLD avast version doesn't have this issues. only the new ones

fabrimacator21
Level 7
I have Kaspersky with google chrome for a browser and it streams HD video very well through WiFi even with my slow ISP.

cablebandit
Level 7
121mbs down 24 up vis speedtest......sabdnzb says I have downloaded 68gb this week.....ill let you do the math. I do not have Avast installed or Eset...I use malawarebytes