cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So..howcome ppl with G751 can get newest NVIDIA drivers, but ppl with G771 can't?

JonasWP
Level 7
Anyone care to explain?

And IF someone with a G771 outthere has the newest driver WORKING, please let me know... I can't get past 333.37.
15 REPLIES 15

NitroX
Level 10
Just go on Nvidias site geforce.com and download the latest drivers for your GPU Model and Windows version.

NitroX wrote:
Just go on Nvidias site geforce.com and download the latest drivers for your GPU Model and Windows version.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55301-Question-(or-complaint)-about-updated-graphic-drivers...

As stated in this thread, it is impossible to do so. It keeps showing up with error and won't install. Even though I mod the INF file. Also others seem to have the same problem.

But if you got a G771, and have the latest NVIDIA driver, I would be happy if you'd fill me in on how you got it to work. 😉

Richdog
Level 7
Just out of interest are you having stability issues? Or does the new driver set have a feature or game fix you particularly need?

Richdog wrote:
Just out of interest are you having stability issues? Or does the new driver set have a feature or game fix you particularly need?

No stability issues - but when I buy a gamer laptop with hardware good enough go play the latest games, I expect to be able to play the games. So far, I can't, due to not having updated drivers. Heck, even DA:I won't even LOAD - it just says that my driver is out of date, and I need the 34X one. 🙂

Not to mention AC:Unity or FC4.

hmscott
Level 12
JonasWP wrote:
Anyone care to explain?
And IF someone with a G771 outthere has the newest driver WORKING, please let me know... I can't get past 333.37.

We already discussed it here:

Question (or complaint) about updated graphic drivers for G771JM
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55301-Question-(or-complaint)-about-updated-graphic-drivers...

There is no need for a new thread, you can keep bumping the old one. If you wanted to change the title to make it clearer, ask a mod to rename it for you. If you start multiple threads it splits off updates and people don't know which thread to track.

I found Asus is has 2 support areas for the G771 (3 for the G751), and you might want to watch download area both for updates. Who knows which Asus will update first...I will post an update in your original thread.

Same idea with duplicate threads like this, who knows which to update first 🙂

hmscott wrote:
We already discussed it here:

Question (or complaint) about updated graphic drivers for G771JM

There is no need for a new thread, you can keep bumping the old one. If you wanted to change the title to make it clearer, ask a mod to rename it for you. If you start multiple threads it splits off updates and people don't know which thread to track.

I found Asus is has 2 support areas for the G771 (3 for the G751), and you might want to watch download area both for updates. Who knows which Asus will update first...I will post an update in your original thread.

Same idea with duplicate threads like this, who knows which to update first 🙂

True that - but when seeing that G751 users can get newest drivers, and G771 basically gets shafted, I get a bit irritated. 😉 Which is why I wanted to know - WHY can ppl with G751 get new updates, while ppl with G771 can't.. 😉

JonasWP wrote:
True that - but when seeing that G751 users can get newest drivers, and G771 basically gets shafted, I get a bit irritated. 😉 Which is why I wanted to know - WHY can ppl with G751 get new updates, while ppl with G771 can't.. 😉

JonasWP, Asus can only post the Nvidia drivers that work, and when Nvidia comes out with new releases that have the new GPU board ID info Asus can post them - Asus probably won't post them, but it is possible.

After the initial product release stabilizes, Asus doesn't usually post new drivers, you need to hunt them down in new product support download areas, and Nvidia / Intel updates I get directly from them.

My most recent list is posted here:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/761783-asus-g751-coming-maxwell-gtx-980m-...

hmscott wrote:
JonasWP, Asus can only post the Nvidia drivers that work, and when Nvidia comes out with new releases that have the new GPU board ID info Asus can post them - Asus probably won't post them, but it is possible.

After the initial product release stabilizes, Asus doesn't usually post new drivers, you need to hunt them down in new product support download areas, and Nvidia / Intel updates I get directly from them.

My most recent list is posted here:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/761783-asus-g751-coming-maxwell-gtx-980m-...

Exactly my fear... Since NVIDIA apparently are just spitting out new releases, even ones who should function perfectly with the graphic card on the G771, they simply wont install, even when the INF gets modded. 😕 I've been searching for weeks now for an updated driver - even took contact to NVIDIA, but no answer from them yet. And seeing as they havent answered the other people who has the same problem, I kinda feel ... bummed.. 🙂

I guess its the last time I buy a laptop 😉 with that much hazzle just to get a hold of drivers...

But you have a G751 I asume - which can use the newest drivers from NVIDIA. Same thing, unfortunately, doesn't apply for the G771. 😕 So I am kinda barefooted here..

JonasWP wrote:
Exactly my fear... Since NVIDIA apparently are just spitting out new releases, even ones who should function perfectly with the graphic card on the G771, they simply wont install, even when the INF gets modded. 😕 I've been searching for weeks now for an updated driver - even took contact to NVIDIA, but no answer from them yet. And seeing as they havent answered the other people who has the same problem, I kinda feel ... bummed.. 🙂

I guess its the last time I buy a laptop 😉 with that much hazzle just to get a hold of drivers...

But you have a G751 I asume - which can use the newest drivers from NVIDIA. Same thing, unfortunately, doesn't apply for the G771. 😕 So I am kinda barefooted here..

JonasWP, I have a G750JH now - and I had the first G750JW/JX at release - so I went through all the Nvidia / Realtek / driver issues at release problems - and then repeated it for the Windows 8.1 release - so I have had enough of fighting through the early production hardware release and OS release issues for a while.

Right now I am enjoying my G750JH OC'd being fast and stable 🙂

Compared to the G750JZ/JS/JM my G750JH OC'd is essentially the same or better performance, so no need to upgrade then - I would have likely gotten a G750JZ if Asus hadn't enabled the Intel GPU and forced Optimus into the G750, what a waste...

I have been waiting for the G751 to stabilize with fixes, and then the G750JY comes along - I am waiting to see if the G750JY Optimus can be disabled. The G751 might still be the one if the G750JY can't disable Optimus.

And, who knows what else will be announced / released between now and March /June. 🙂