Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

My frist contribution for this community.

New ASUS Smart Gesture with PC Control over the phone with Bluetooth or Wifi

https://copy.com/6ZHf6SXrOwRxXHmv

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by TugaPower View Post

https://copy.com/6ZHf6SXrOwRxXHmv
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

For others this is what Smart Gesture is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6wJjDeCVvU

It can also tie into Remoe Link(andriod app for remote control): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ink.full&hl=en (video available in link)

You can download Remote Link either from the link above or from the Smart Gesture app itself, if you are not fond of all of the gestures and just want the Remote Link functionality, they can all be disabled. Remote Link works via WiFi (not hotspot mode...) or Bluetooth.

If you are looking for a less suspect link for Smart Gesture (no offence ment) it can be found here: http://remotelink.asus.com/

EDIT:

My opinion on the Remote Link is fairly positive with the following caveats:
    *Keyboard entry sucks, it is not live, you type what you want then send it. There is no way to send an enter, or tab, etc.
    *The media controls only work with Windows Media Player
    Last edited by joshindaphils; 02-23-2015 at 05:08 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    Here are the Asus posted Intel / Nvidia VGA drivers
    http://support.asus.com/Download.asp...=VGA&p=3&s=111

Nvidia Drivers direct from Nvidia
    http://www.geforce.com/driversRAID+Driver[/url]
    Noob question: what should I install, the latest Nvida driver 347.52 (10/02/2015) or the ASUS Nvidia Graphic driver 9.18.13.4725??
    It seems my new G751JY has got both, in old flavor (344.42 and 9.18.13.4442)...

Moreover, if later (when I will have assesed realibity of the system by stressing & benchmarking) I will choose to try the famous unofficial 346.87 build, to try the Gsync stuff, will I have problems?

Thanks!

TensorMAster

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by TensorMaster View Post
    Noob question: what should I install, the latest Nvida driver 347.52 (10/02/2015) or the ASUS Nvidia Graphic driver 9.18.13.4725??
    It seems my new G751JY has got both, in old flavor (344.42 and 9.18.13.4442)...

Moreover, if later (when I will have assesed realibity of the system by stressing & benchmarking) I will choose to try the famous unofficial 346.87 build, to try the Gsync stuff, will I have problems?

Thanks!

TensorMAster
    ALWAYS ALWAYS use latest Nvidia Drivers.

ROG Member Array

Wait so regarding Intel chipset drives, we shouldnt use the ones from asus but instead get the intel ones ? And if so wouldnt it be better to get wifi and blueooth or whatever is more updated from there ?

ROG Guru: Platinum Belt Array hmscott PC Specs
    hmscott PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G750JH-DB71 (legacy)
    MotherboardAsus G750JH Intel HM87
    ProcessorIntel i7-4700HQ XTU Cores 36x/35x/34x/34x Cache 36x -50mV undervolt
    Memory (part number)Hyundai Electronics HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB 1.35v DDR3L-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia 780m Asus GPU Tweak OC 932mhz/6300mhz
    Sound CardRealtek v6.0.1.7469 driver
    MonitorAUO B173HW02 V1 Custom Refresh 85hz
    Storage #1RAID0 2x M.2 SATA Crucial MX200 512GB CT500MX200SSD6
    Storage #2Crucial 512GB 2.5" MX200 CT500MX200SSD1
    Power Supply230w AC Power Adapter 19.5v
    Keyboard Logitech k400 Wireless KB/Trackpad
    Headset Sony MDR-XB500 Wired and Sennheiser RS-220 Wireless TOSLINK
    OS Windows 8.1 + 8 Linux VM's + Windows 10 Technical Preview
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC68U DLINK DIR-655

Quote Originally Posted by RogueNote View Post
    Wait so regarding Intel chipset drives, we shouldnt use the ones from asus but instead get the intel ones ? And if so wouldnt it be better to get wifi and blueooth or whatever is more updated from there ?
    RogueNote, all Intel drivers from Intel can be used on the G751/G750 - you can search there and look for the one marked (latest). Intel also has an Update Driver tool you can download, but I haven't had much luck with that new tool - the old browser based tool worked fine. I now search on the site or use google search, prefixing with site:intel.com to focus the search on that site and subsites of Intel.com only.

Asus doesn't update download support for each product, soon after the product is released you will only find BIOS and critical problem area updates - like the Realtek sound driver for the G751 - but even that isn't shown for all G751 models.

I use the central download support areas at Asus to find the latest drivers, except for Intel INF chipset / Intel RAID / Intel Video / Nvidia drivers. Although I have ventured out to various OEM sites around the time of Windows version updates - like Windows 8 to 8.1 as the vendor sites are more up to date sometimes.

The same will likely happen for Windows 10.

When you find new drivers, it helps others if you post the new version number, name, and URL to the location it is hosted along with a direct download link.

Please let us know when you find new useful info

hmscott PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by benjmyers1 View Post
    ALWAYS ALWAYS use latest Nvidia Drivers.
    benjmyers1, that is mostly true, you should at least read the release notes and make sure it has fixes that help your particular GPU or your new games - some of the new drivers from Nvidia lately have been only for 970m/980m.

It's also a good idea to run a couple of benchmarks you are familiar with the results on previous driver versions, to see if the new driver is better or worse than previous drivers, then you can rollback to the best driver for your system.

And, the 347.52 is good for all GPU's, but disabled OC'ing for 970m/980m, if you want to OC those GPU's you would want to drop back to 344.75 or 344.80.

Always is rarely always, there are exceptions

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott View Post
    RogueNote, all Intel drivers from Intel can be used on the G751/G750 - you can search there and look for the one marked (latest). Intel also has an Update Driver tool you can download, but I haven't had much luck with that new tool - the old browser based tool worked fine. I now search on the site or use google search, prefixing with site:intel.com to focus the search on that site and subsites of Intel.com only.

Asus doesn't update download support for each product, soon after the product is released you will only find BIOS and critical problem area updates - like the Realtek sound driver for the G751 - but even that isn't shown for all G751 models.

I use the central download support areas at Asus to find the latest drivers, except for Intel INF chipset / Intel RAID / Intel Video / Nvidia drivers. Although I have ventured out to various OEM sites around the time of Windows version updates - like Windows 8 to 8.1 as the vendor sites are more up to date sometimes.

The same will likely happen for Windows 10.

When you find new drivers, it helps others if you post the new version number, name, and URL to the location it is hosted along with a direct download link.

Please let us know when you find new useful info
    Thank you very much for your fast reply, this helped me a lot as I was with the thought that the Asus chipset and other drivers even if outdated, have something modified by them to be specific for the laptop. I will download them from Intel right away^^'

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by RogueNote View Post
    Thank you very much for your fast reply, this helped me a lot as I was with the thought that the Asus chipset and other drivers even if outdated, have something modified by them to be specific for the laptop. I will download them from Intel right away^^'
    I shall follow your method and download the chipset and intel drives from there and nvidia from nvidia. Just the touchpad and such will be from asus. I always though support mentioned the ones on the site and not the latest cause they can be more good or something.
    So far just having a bit of a rough time with the Intel ones as some don't ask to reboot and the Intel chipset one did not ask either compared to the Asus version and I'm not sure if it installed properly or not.

Ooops This was not the way I wanted to post, silly phone sorry for double post!
    Last edited by RogueNote; 03-02-2015 at 04:05 AM.

hmscott PC Specs

Quote Originally Posted by TugaPower View Post

TugaPower, thanks for the contribution, but we prefer Asus / OEM / known verified downloads, over sharing sites.

This Asus FAQ "How to connect the ZenFone and your laptop via Remote Link?" has the link for the download from an Asus site:
    http://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1007490/

Here is the matching .apk for your Android device, on Google Play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ink.full&hl=en
    Last edited by hmscott; 03-02-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast