cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with some case options for RIVE. It needs to be short!

jmike
Level 7
Had a nice Christmas surprise. A few months ago my Uncle approached me to build him a new gaming PC to upgrade his old Core2Duo/GTX470 system. He wanted it to be equal to or better than mine w/o going to DDR4. Long story short I built a nice Maximus Formula VII/GTX970 SLI setup on pcpartpicker and told him to order it. During Thanksgiving I inquired about it and he said he was waiting til the first of the year to order. What really happened was he purchased all the parts for me for Christmas with the stipulation that he can have my existing machine.

Right now he has a Cooler Master CM Sniper which he really adores and isn't happy about it not supporting E-ATX. I do have a list of potential replacement cases, however take a look at this PICTURE(not his PC) that shows how much room is left on a CM Sniper case with a standard ATX installed. I measured his and it's 1.25 inches from the edge of the ATX board to the cut out. The RIVE is only 1.1 inches wider than the ATX standard. Does anyone for see any dangers? If so then I will need to find a case that is shorter than 22" so it will fit in the slot on his computer desk. Here's some potential replacements so far:

Cooler Master HAF XM
Corsair 450D
Corsair 500R
Corsair C70
Nanoxia Deep Silence 2
Thermaltake V51

Again it has to be under 22" and I'm open to any additional recommendations and feedback to the ones above.
MAIN RIG:
Maximus X | i7-8700k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance | 2x EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | EVGA Supernova G3 1000 |
2 REPLIES 2

UltraNEO_
Level 11

Referring to the existing case. An E-ATX board is just slightly wider but it's not any longer compared to any other standard ATX boards. So, on that case the board would come to the edge of the motherboard tray, therefore if you were to recycle it, it'll still fit fine!!
ASUS ROG RVIE Encore| i9-10940x | Dominator Platinum 128GB 3333 MHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti SLI | Samsung 970 Pro 1TB NVMe (x3)
WD Black 4TB | WD Black 6TB x2 | EVGA 1600 P2 | CaseLabs SMA8 | Custom Water Cooling | HWLabs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 560
XSPC RX 480 v3 | XSPC D5 Vario x2 | EK Blocks | EK-RES X3 400 | BitsPower Fittings | GentleTypoon 1850 x12 | Corsair SP140 x8 | Lamptron CM615

Twitch.tv/MsNikita | Twitter.com/MsNikitaTV | Instagram.com/MsNikitaTV | Reddit.com/r/MsNikitaTV

mrmojorisin
Level 10
jmike wrote:
Again it has to be under 22" and I'm open to any additional recommendations and feedback to the ones above.

Why not the Corsair Carbide Air 540? That's definitely my next case:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-series-air-540-arctic-white-high-airflow-atx-cube-case