Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

keep me posted on what you hear back from them i would love to hear

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by NitroX View Post
    We all would love that and this is why we will keep the pressure on ASUS in order to release a future driver that will fix the RPMs. I'll make an official feedback these days since we have enough evidence now that the fans are indeed too lazy.
    have you had any luck with making that official post?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Boom_austin View Post
    have you had any luck with making that official post?
    Not yet... srry! I started college again along with my trainings and it's a pain in the ass to find the free time.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by NitroX View Post
    Not yet... srry! I started college again along with my trainings and it's a pain in the ass to find the free time.
    all good haha i understand :P

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

My fans managed to hit 3500RPMs but only after 2mins of throttling so it didnt help at all. But at least we can see it is definitely possible for them to hit 4k all we need is just to be able to set more aggressive fan profile not just starting to hit 3.3kRPM when cpu is already at 95°C like it is now...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Boom_austin View Post
    all good haha i understand :P
    I just sent the feedback to ASUS. Now I'm waiting for their reply.

@Boxis: As you said, the 3500rpm's aren't helping much if the heat has already been accumulated in the case and the hardware started throttling. If the fan would spin at 3500rpm from 70-75C then we would see a difference.

ROG Member Array

Here's an update on my case: In my regular warmer climate (30C ambient) and with my new unit, I'm getting temps around 89C running the FurMark + Prime95 stress test.

So I'm not thermal throttling on this test although its still a little close for comfort. What is happening however is that I'm thermal throttling when I run Dragon Age Inquisition on the highest settings. Again, the fans are not hitting top speed and the temp is getting as high as 94C. I think what accounts for the difference is that Prime95 runs on all the cores so they clock at 2.6 GHz whereas DAI runs on one core which clocks at 3.3 GHz. Otherwise, I can't imagine how Prime95 Small FFT could generate less heat than DAI.

One possibility I hadn't considered is that, although the system starts thermal throttling at 93C, the fan profile might be set to have a max temp of 95C or something. Again, I'm not entirely sure what's happening at low levels of thermal throttling since the clock speed doesn't step down. So I'm not sure what, if any, impact this is having on performance. Still, I'd like it to be running cooler if only for the longevity of the machine. I like that the G751 is relatively quiet, but its just a gimmick if the fans aren't properly cooling the CPU.

I'm still pushing Asus to take my inquiry about the fan speed seriously. The last communication I got suggested that I RMA but I'm pushing to get this escalated to a tech who can understand the issue with the fan speeds. You have any better luck NitroX?

Can any Asus personnel reading this help us out here?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

I got respond that I should update to BIOS 205 .
    I did that but the problem is still there.
    CPU hits 86°C in Prime 95 + FurMark after 3mins and then the fan is "stucked" at 3000-3100RPMs so after 1-2 more mins temp goes up to classic 95°C just because the fan does not go faster. Funny it starts to spin to 3500RPMs just after 2 cores hit 95°C.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Boxis i have the same - 95 C with Prime+Fumark and even with Crisis 3 gaming. To mitigate, i use Notebook Fan Control with some of the profile mentioned in the other topics - when switched on it speeds up the fans to 3300 RPM just after the cpu hits 75. With that it almost possible to not to hit 93 thermal throttling threshold. Be sure to turn off the profile and fan control service when you don't need it - in idle it can turn off the fans at all and thus you might get 60 C in idle...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Boxis View Post
    I got respond that I should update to BIOS 205 .
    I did that but the problem is still there.
    CPU hits 86°C in Prime 95 + FurMark after 3mins and then the fan is "stucked" at 3000-3100RPMs so after 1-2 more mins temp goes up to classic 95°C just because the fan does not go faster. Funny it starts to spin to 3500RPMs just after 2 cores hit 95°C.
    looks weird to me still any updates on how its gone ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast