Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Member Array

Hello,

I have tried this tool now for a long time... But this doesn't help. When I play Games with short interactions with my hdd then everything is fine. But sometimes the disk is still stopping. I can hear the nois when the disk spins up. I'm getting very angry becaus this phenomenon causes lags up to two or three seconds.
    I had to move some Games to the SSD to avoid this lags. It's not the solution I need. I cannot set anythin in BIOS. That's not very suitable. I thought, that this series of notbooks is made for gaming. :-(
    I read that the AAM/APM values are restored when returning from standby or such other modes. Is this right? If yes, then I have to re-run quietHDD everytime my screen turns off and on or returns back from standby... That's a really annoying situation.

Thank you!
    Last edited by MikeW83; 02-10-2015 at 02:30 PM.

ROG Member Array

Push... should I open a support ticket to ASUS?! It' really annoying... That's not what I want for gaming.

New ROGer Array

Hi, guys

I had the same problem with my G751JL, which has 1TB HGST Travelstar 5K1000.
    Unfortunately, quietHDD doesn't work on Win10, I have found a solution. Download CrystalDiskInfo and if you go to Function>Advanced Feature>AAM/APM Control, you can set APM to FEh and click enable. After that, your HDD won't park its head every 10 seconds.
    The only problem, you have to do it every time you restart your laptop but I couldn't find a better way to do it, glad that it finally works now as it should.

I am really unhappy about Asus' choice towards this HDD, it's annoying like hell...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2