cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT - CH71 touchpad corner coming off?

Rares95
Level 8
So i have this laptop for 1 week and the touchpad is starting to come off (see picture). It is really annoying when my palm comes over it because it is above the plane of the palm rest. I could try to glue it myself but i don't know with what..superglue or something else. I don't want to damage it.

I can still return it to the store (30 days after purchase). What would you do? I wouldn't want to return it because i already spent 2 days installing all the things i need. I also wouldn't want to send it in warranty for this minor thing because i fear it will come more damaged than i sent it. Either return it or attempt repair?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vm0q9wbh5llm6q/IMG_20141230_144953373.jpg?dl=0
18 REPLIES 18

geneticweapon
Level 7
My trackpad(JT model) is popping up a little on the right side near the click buttons. If I push it back down, it will stick for a few minutes then pop back up. Yours looks worse than mine though, and if I were you I would return the laptop.

Rares95
Level 8
That's what mine does too, it seems to get larger by the day. Anyone know what type of glue do they use? I really don't want to return it.

Rares95 wrote:
That's what mine does too, it seems to get larger by the day. Anyone know what type of glue do they use? I really don't want to return it.

It's held on with 2 sided tape. If I push down on mine a little, it will hold for a couple seconds, and then make a tiny popping noise when it releases.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
I'm not sure of which adhesive is used. Sorry to hear you guys are both running into this. Chances are that further everyday wear-and-tear will exacerbate the issue. You will need to have Asus service it if you want it repaired instead of returned.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

kobejumpin
Level 7
Hi geneticweapon,

Did you mean double-sided tape? How were we able to know that it is tape that is holding down the trackpad? - just curious...

Thanks

Same issue here. I just noticed it. So now I have to ship this thing back to Asus? Who pays shipping?

Has anyone had this issue and fixed it? Please post if you have.

fabri, did you get in touch with the retailer? They'll most likely lead you through the process.

kobejumpin wrote:
fabri, did you get in touch with the retailer? They'll most likely lead you through the process.

No.....not yet. I was really hoping someone would post up an easy fix....

fabrimacator21 wrote:
No.....not yet. I was really hoping someone would post up an easy fix....

There is no easy fix, the laptop would have to be disassembled to repair this. If you need repair, I would send it to Asus, and not to the retailer you bought it from. All a retailer is going to do is ship you out a new replacement, and it's highly likely IMO that you'll get another screwed up laptop sent to you.

The quality control on these machines is garbage, plain and simple. Keyboard keys that are dead, tilted, or not centered/grinding against the chassis, speaker wires that are severed during assembly, speaker software that's borked, screen lightbleed, screens that don't work, trackpads not glued in right, cpu's that get too hot, a Steam button that opens in Big Picture Mode/is useless, USB's on left side that don't work properly, display port that freezes/bluescreens the machine... such a joke. When buying one of these laptops, the chances of you experiencing one or more of these problems is extremely high. I would never ever recommend one of these machines to anyone, and it sucks because they could have been awesome.