cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find a BIOS changelog?

icantthinkofaus
Level 7
Hi,
on their Youtube-channel, an Asus-Representative said that you can look up the changelog of BIOS-updates on support.asus.com.
But I can't find anything concerning that. Can anyone tell me where to look them up?
Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

Steve_Verniers
Level 7
I would like to know the same thing

philly_cheese_s
Level 8
http://www.asus.com/us/

Look up what you need under "service" on the top header

http://rog.asus.com/tag/bios-update/

This is a good question! The only release notes I can find for the BIOS updates of my ASUS laptop are on the official download page and they read like this:

Version 311
2021/10/19 6.75 MBytes
Optimize charging performance
Optimize system performance

Version 310
2021/07/26 6.74 MBytes
Optimize charging performance

Version 308
2021/01/08 6.64 MBytes
Optimize system performance

...and so on. Not very informative. There also is no changelog text file inside the archive if you download the ZIP for EZ Flash Utility. They seem to be very reluctant about details of the BIOS updates which is sad.

(I do experience some problems with overheating due to inert increase of fan speed and wish I knew if it's in any way related to the BIOS version changes, but that's another topic.)

BigJohnny
Level 13
Good luck with that. This has been a complaint for a very long time. I really like the ones that just say improved stability. ASUS doesnt get off of what they did exactly. Dont know it its a IP thing or not but they dont post anything but meaningless words. Some of the later ones just said for win11 compatibility but Im running on one before that thats been modded from the X299 modded BIOS thread win 11 just fine.

BigJohnny wrote:
Good luck with that. This has been a complaint for a very long time. I really like the ones that just say improved stability.

Agree, ASUS are by far one of the worst on providing BIOS update logs that have anything meaningful in them.

damag0r
Level 8

I guess Asus just doesn't gaf!