Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by CyberKP View Post
    Ah, your system fits the pattern, but I don't understand why I have seen the video/audio slow thing only twice. Maybe because since then I hook both intel and NVidia outputs up so when fan thing happens (almost never now since I watch my room temp and maybe since I run it every day) I can shut the system down gracefully. It does boot to intel gfx and I soft shutdown, then give it a few moments then power back up.

I am not 100% sure but I think I haven't seen the slow video since I started using both outputs and the graceful shutdown.
    I updated the drive for the intel card, and the slow video thing never happened again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyifu View Post
    As far as my experience goes, regardless of whether you use the DVI or the HDMI, the fan issue would occur no matter what. Secondly, power off the machine using the power button might damage your hard drive, so I think it is better to use CyberKP's solution, which is to boot up the system using the onboard graphics card first, and then power off and switch to the discrete GPU.
    I actually keep both outputs hooked up full time now, got tired of racing for the cable. Since I use the computer every day I wonder what keeping it off for a few days would do? I wonder if I'd see the issue despite my room and system temps.

It's my bet this is a design flaw somewhere in the system. I bet everyone with the same hardware loadout has this issue. I also wonder if Asus is doing anything about it. As long as it stays manageable I'm not to bent about it. I barely have to think about it anymore. I keep hoping I see someone post that they have found a permanent cure.
    Last edited by CyberKP; 02-13-2015 at 10:04 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyifu View Post
    I updated the drive for the intel card, and the slow video thing never happened again.
    really, I have done soooo. much stuff I don't remember if I did that as well, I wouldn't be surprised if I did. I was updating everything I could think of at one point.

I just know I saw it twice and all of a sudden I never saw it again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I actually keep both outputs hooked up full time now, got tired of racing for the cable. Since I use the computer every day I wonder what keeping it off for a few days would do? I wonder if I'd see the issue despite my room and system temps.

It's my bet this is a design flaw somewhere in the system. I bet everyone with the same hardware loadout has this issue. I also wonder if Asus is doing anything about it. As long as it stays manageable I'm not to bent about it. I barely have to think about it anymore. I keep hoping I see someone post that they have found a permanent cure.
    Are there any ways we can contact Asus? to let them know about the issue?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ah, your system fits the pattern, but I don't understand why I have seen the video/audio slow thing only twice. Maybe because since then I hook both intel and NVidia outputs up so when fan thing happens (almost never now since I watch my room temp and maybe since I run it every day) I can shut the system down gracefully. It does boot to intel gfx and I soft shutdown, then give it a few moments then power back up.

I am not 100% sure but I think I haven't seen the slow video since I started using both outputs and the graceful shutdown.
    It seems it's all temperature related since once the rig comes on I'll leave it running for a minute or so and then I'll do a hibernate or a restart and the sound goes back to normal.

I don't mind it so much, but wish it would just start up normally.

ROG Enthusiast Array

mines been fine last week and half since I put my comp to high performance setting in the asus command , was on normal before.
    I also noticed when it did it last it was followed by windows updates afterwards on restart

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hori View Post
    mines been fine last week and half since I put my comp to high performance setting in the asus command , was on normal before.
    I also noticed when it did it last it was followed by windows updates afterwards on restart
    Did you just have the fan issue? or did you have the slow sound/video issue as well?

I know I have mine on normal. I'll put it on high performance and see what happens...

ROG Enthusiast Array

mine never had issue with sound/ video just fan issue that is random and bsod few months ago that was fixed by either nvidia update or asus bios. I have the GTX770

ROG Enthusiast Array

Just for reference I have a the GTX 760 version.
    I put mine on high performance and I had more trouble getting it started properly than I previously did. I would restart and the screen would go dark which means that only the on board graphics was working. This happened a couple of times while it was on high performance.
    I reverted back to normal performance and things are back to the way they were.
    I still need to restart/hibernate once or twice after the rig has been off or on hibernate for a while.

On one occasion the graphics card would not work and the fans were spinning as loudly as possible. I waited to see if they would stop spinning and they did not even after switching to the on board graphics card. This happened a couple of times and the rig seemed sluggish.
    I then checked all of the power cables and realized that the power plug to the graphics cards was not connected properly. It was still connected but not in fully. I had moved the rig earlier and it seems one of the cables had come loose.
    Once I plugged in properly everything worked fine.

If you are having the spinning fans and the discrete graphics card not working, switch to the on board graphics, shut down and then just make sure everything is plugged in well. Then turn the rig back on and see if that was the issue.

New ROGer Array

Since the last time, I had been just powering up the system with the fan blowing and then rebooting it which bring everything back to normal. There has been suggestions about the issue being related to temperature and so I was waiting for temperature to get warmer (didn't artificially use a portable heater to pre heat the unit up). *LOL* It has gotten warmer than before and today when I turned on, everything was just fine on the first cold boot up. Crossing my fingers it stays that way until another winter season.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast