Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I'm finding it doesn't "like" some games, outright. I just disable it when playing the one I have right now. I think I finally got it reinstalled ok. I got it from the ASUS support site. I'm not sure if it was an updated version or not. Although I'm not exactly thrilled with VirtuWatt or it's concept overall anyway.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrimen View Post
    Do you guys think this will fix the issue with the slow sound video on start up?

I always have to restart otherwise I have slow sound or video. This ony happens when connected to the discrete GPU.
    You mean the bios setting? I haven't seen it since I changed it, however I have only seen the issue twice in the month I have had the system, and I'm not declaring victory just yet over the fan thing. This thing has to prove itself over a few week span at least. I do get the impression I have a much smoother initialization and OS boot now. I did some digging on the slow video when I saw it in general. Seemed to me like a windows problem more than an ASUS hardware thing. without being able to repeat it at will everything I think is just mere guessing.

ROG Member Array

I think HDMI will be my choice after all....(if something bad happens i will let you know)... Glad i could help....

ROG Enthusiast Array

It's day 3 in this and I have not seen the issue or any inkling that the issue is still present. I think Bill's bios setting is the right way to go. I know before I went a full week before I saw it again, but this time feels diffrent. I have not seen any other anomlies this time and I have all the original stock software all good now (incluiding virtuWatt) back in place. I also have my windows rock solid (ASUS pun intended, I went through some wild stuff easrly on). If you guys don't hear from me again on this post, then it's a done deal. Thanks everyone for all the help ! I hope the orginal poster also has the issue solved, and everyone else for that matter.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by CyberKP View Post
    It's day 3 in this and I have not seen the issue or any inkling that the issue is still present. I think Bill's bios setting is the right way to go. I know before I went a full week before I saw it again, but this time feels diffrent. I have not seen any other anomlies this time and I have all the original stock software all good now (incluiding virtuWatt) back in place. I also have my windows rock solid (ASUS pun intended, I went through some wild stuff easrly on). If you guys don't hear from me again on this post, then it's a done deal. Thanks everyone for all the help ! I hope the orginal poster also has the issue solved, and everyone else for that matter.
    Thank you (and everyone else) for all the great work accomplished!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyifu View Post
    Thank you (and everyone else) for all the great work accomplished!
    I think these forums are better than starting by talking to customer service "techs". We get to avoid the blank answer of "send it in" and go through the nightmare of waiting only to get back a refurbished unit. I did that back in the day with my Alienware Aurora m7700 and regretted it thoroughly. Besides I learn a lot by talking to you guys.

New ROGer Array

Hi guys,i am thinking about getting this Asus G20,so am doing my research on it.Am very happy to find your thread ,so i sign up to be apart of the discussion to follow the various issues this rig encountered,am very happy that you guys did found the solution to this problem because am a noob to desktop pc,actually going to be my first gaming desktop pc,i have a old laptop which need to replace so am going for the G20 rig.So what am asking is this for noob like me who don't much about the G20,could you guys create some videos on youtube with some of the fixes on here,i know it would be truly appreciated by many who might still having these problems with their particular models of G20. Thank you in advance,you guys are awesome .

New ROGer Array

Originally I was using an old monitor with just a DVI hook up when the fans would hit high and stay there my monitor would loose connection and give me the "no input" error before going black solid until I would get lucky enough for the system to revert back to a normal state (via power cycling down and waiting long periods of time). I purchased a new monitor with an HDMI connection and after plugging this in when the fans are on high I can still see my screen. Now that I can access the bios I changed the setting to PCIe (as bill described earlier). It has not changed anything. My fans are still on full speed and even with several power cycles (hard or just using the software to shut down then restart) I have been unable to get them to slow down to normal speed again. Rather than wasting 3 days of my life to reinstall and an hour trip back to the store (just to likely end up with the same issue again) I prefer trying to see if I can get it to work. On another note the system reacts completely normally with the fans on high. Other than using more power, is using the system with fans on high a damage risk? Thanks all!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

OK the fan problem came up again today after the intel card got disabled through BIOS 2 weeks before. Now i can't even boot up my computer even after many times of force restart, the GPU fan just keep spinning at full speed. NEED HELP!

ROG Member Array

Guys mine did it only twice... But i found out something else that may help (not sure yet though)...It did it when i pressed the power button and held it pressed for a little while... Trying pressing it very fast and tell me if it does anything for you...(worked for me)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast