Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by billmavra View Post
    Guys i tried zhangyifu's solution and it worked perfectly for me.... (upgrading my bios didn't help at all....)
    Eventually it did it again....

ROG Enthusiast Array

The fans have not acted up since I downloaded the new bios last Sunday.

I now have sounds played in slow motion every time the computer has a cold boot up. Someone else mentioned they had slow media. Mine seems to be the sound only.

Anyone else having these issues?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Despite having no more fans issue after all, the media of my g20 also started to play in slow motion now. I wonder what type of sound output device are you using chrimen?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Also, I forgot to mention that I tried to enable the intel hd 4600, no GPU fan problem so far.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyifu View Post
    Despite having no more fans issue after all, the media of my g20 also started to play in slow motion now. I wonder what type of sound output device are you using chrimen?
    I have it connected via HDMI. I always use the Nvidia GPU. I haven't tried turning it while the on board GPU is connected yet to see if I'm having the same issue. I'll try that tonight.

This only happens after it's been off for a while. But it happens every single time now.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Probably the gtx 760s came with faulty hdmi ports, switching to the DVI ports might solve the problem.
    Last edited by zhangyifu; 01-16-2015 at 09:57 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

And the GPU fan started to act wired again after I enabled the onboard graphics card, disabling the hd 4600 seems to be the only solution to this problem. Also, I noticed that the booting time was very unstable the after the hd 4600 was enabled, normally it would take around 35 secs to boot up but sometimes it would boot up in 15secs.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by chrimen View Post
    I downloaded the latest bios yesterday and the fans booted just as they should have.
    I have been having the slow play on the media issue almost on every boot. I have to do a restart for the media to begin playing normally.
    Has this been happening to anyone else?
    So far I have only seen the slow media thing twice. Once before my bios update and once after. I haven't seen anything bad for over a week now.
    Last edited by CyberKP; 01-17-2015 at 05:00 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyifu View Post
    And the GPU fan started to act wired again after I enabled the onboard graphics card, disabling the hd 4600 seems to be the only solution to this problem. Also, I noticed that the booting time was very unstable the after the hd 4600 was enabled, normally it would take around 35 secs to boot up but sometimes it would boot up in 15secs.
    So far I have not seen anything odd since I did the bios for the full week. I do see booting inconsistencies in time but nothing out of the ordinary. I keep trying to load the virtuawatt back from the download from ASUS but the first reboot after install I get a license error. for now I'm giving up on that. I don't know if that figures into my stability I have now.

ROG Enthusiast Array

So far after a full week after I loaded the new bios I have not see the issue even once. I am using the most recent drivers from NVIDIA (direct from update loaded under the NVIDIA experience, NOT from the ASUS page). I have been also applying all the important. updates from MS.

I am also using the DISPLAY PORT output for my monitor. Maybe that factors in and something is up for folks using the other types, VGA, HDMI, etc.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast