Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Cool

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hori View Post
    the full speed fan issue has zero to do with the nvidia card. I have been using the intel only for last 2 weeks and have been getting the high speed fan issue. It was fine for like 4 or 5 days now it`s back and nothing has changed as I am still on original bios for now.
    Interesting, it makes me think about my early experiment where I tested the system without the graphics power in. When I did that I got it boot on the intel HD and the NVidia card goes to full fans just like when the issue happens, but I have no idea if it's just a coincidence that it behaves the same. It feels like one of my original thoughts that there is some kind of initialization sequence issue. If it's that I fear it's something we'll have to live with. At least until Asus hopefully fixes it. I think about the person here who reinstalled everything, I feel three days is not enough sample time. After my bios update and my steady (single) use behavior I went a full week before I saw it again. I can't see how the OS would make any difference since this issue appears to happen before the OS has a chance to kick in. Feels like during the post but this thing boots so fast it's really hard to tell. Has anyone heard of anyone trying to call tech support and got any new information?

ROG Member Array

guys i also found in BIOS Advanced->System Agent Configuration->Graphics Configuration->Primary display that you can choose between integrated and pcie....maybe this solves it... Haven't tried it yet....

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by billmavra View Post
    guys i also found in BIOS Advanced->System Agent Configuration->Graphics Configuration->Primary display that you can choose between integrated and pcie....maybe this solves it... Haven't tried it yet....
    I was just thinking about looking for such a setting. I'm not at home yet, whats the default? I'll look when I can and I'll brave the change if it looks valid to me. Thanks for the information.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I did some digging. I think the default setting we are going to find is "auto". There might be some merrit to trying this. I won't make my final assesment until I'm in the actual bios and everything becomes real to me. Thanks again Billmavra for finding another angle to this.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Started to have some stuttering problems today, seems weird.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by zhangyifu View Post
    Started to have some stuttering problems today, seems weird.
    audio/multimedia ? or windows os?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by CyberKP View Post
    I was just thinking about looking for such a setting. I'm not at home yet, whats the default? I'll look when I can and I'll brave the change if it looks valid to me. Thanks for the information.
    Ok, I have done several things with this (I know I am disobeying my computer sensei by doing two things)

I set Primary Display [auto] -> PCIE
    and I set CPU Graphics Multi-monitor [Enabled] -> [Disabled]

Now it's a waiting game. If it's a sequence thing this should cure it forever, if not I'll probably be booting blind or getting post errors. We'll see. Fingers crossed,

ROG Enthusiast Array

audio/multimedia ? or windows os?
    Just the fps in games.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ok, I have done several things with this (I know I am disobeying my computer sensei by doing two things)

I set Primary Display [auto] -> PCIE
    and I set CPU Graphics Multi-monitor [Enabled] -> [Disabled]

Now it's a waiting game. If it's a sequence thing this should cure it forever, if not I'll probably be booting blind or getting post errors. We'll see. Fingers crossed,
    Good luck with that, we count on you man!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast