cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing an SSD and Linux on that SSD (G750JW)

airatin
Level 8
Hi all,

I ended up buying the Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512GB. I have a G750JW-RB71-CB laptop, so that means I have 2x1TB HDDs in here. I currently have Windows 8.1 on one HDD and Linux (Mint 17.1) on the other.

My ultimate goal is to have Linux run on that SDD that I'll be installing, Windows on an HDD, and use the HDD that's being taken out as storage and install that in the ODD (taking out the DVD drive).

My question is, how can I do this exactly? Although I rarely if ever use Windows, I think dual boot should still be there just in case. Can someone please instruct me on how to do this? In other words, how to install the SSD, how to install Linux Mint on that SSD, how to have dual boot, etc?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

_llusionist
Level 7
Can help you with most of those, installed two 256gb 850 pros in my g53sx and currently dualbooting windows and gentoo linux.

First i suggest you look at youtube tutorials on how to swap the drives, most are pretty well explained but they dont take much antistatic precautions to my like.

Fortunately your model is one of those that requires less dissasembly to get to the hard drives.