Did you mean: 

What is STRIX?

sWaZi_sKunk
Level 7
Is it ROG? ROG's replacement?

I HAD A THEME GOING HERE ASUS
gehwd
ROG2015 Back in Red&Black
NZXT.H440 ~ M7F ~ i7-4790k ~ Poseidon GTX980 ~ G-Skill 2400 16gb ~ 850Pro 256gb ~ ThermalTake 1050w DPS ~ VG248QE
9 REPLIES 9

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The Strix branding is more game oriented and co-exists alongside the ROG branding.

sWaZi_sKunk
Level 7
More game oriented then the ROG brand? I thought ROG was well... THEE gaming brand to rule them all?
I was looking at buying a ROG mouse and KB because I liked my M7F sooo much but do they even glow red? The ROG Matrix 980 has stuff I don't really need, but the Strix isn't ROG...

I'm set on the ROG Gladius &&& the ROG Swift. But is seems like the Strix headset might be better then the ROG.
Asus STEHP, I'm officially a ROG fanboy and need more ROG stickers and ROG branded gear/swag
NZXT.H440 ~ M7F ~ i7-4790k ~ Poseidon GTX980 ~ G-Skill 2400 16gb ~ 850Pro 256gb ~ ThermalTake 1050w DPS ~ VG248QE

Nate152
I think there may be a little confusion here. In my opinion it doesn't get any better than ROG. This looks like an awesome headset.

http://rog.asus.com/389002014/gaming-headsets/asus-announces-strix-7-1-surround-gaming-headset/

You are aware there are strix gpu's too.

Please explain how strix is not ROG.

sWaZi_sKunk
Level 7
I'am mostly kidding.
But joking aside I just wanted a uniform ROG brand for my entire rig. Basically everything that says ROG and glows RED. That is the headset I'm looking at buying, but it glows yellow 😞 and says STRIX not ROG. Maybe I have OCD. I'm aware of the Strix GPU's and I can't decide what I want to do.

Currently I'm on the fence about getting a 980 Strix and a full cover waterblock from EK, or buying the Poseidon 980. The Poseidon's water cooling design is kind of a turn off because it looks like it just make's a basic loop through the copper; not really doing much. I know Maxwell has good thermals but I'm just doubting it's ability to preform without needing the fans at more then quiet speeds. The Matrix is just more then I need. I bought the M7F for the fun factor of making a full water loop (and of course the pro's that come with it) as-well as the other features.

I know it's not important to most I just don't see the reasoning behind introducing a sister brand. It would be cool to have a all out red/black rig, mouse pad to MOBO using (mostly) exclusively Asus ROG's latest products. I even spent a little more on Samsung 850 PRO's just to have red labels :cool: and I wish the newest keyboard and headsets were pure ROG branded

Nate152
Strix is exclusive to ROG, no other manufacturer uses that name.

Here is the GK2000 keyboard it's ROG.

http://rog.asus.com/tag/rog-keyboard/

The strix headset glows orange not yellow and is a little closer to red.:D

I'm with you on getting a 980 and a full cover waterblock as the Poseidon just liquid cools the gpu.

Tell me what you're looking for, I can help you find it.

sWaZi_sKunk
Level 7
Mother of the republic that looks like my next keyboard 😄 considering it is never going to leave my desk, cause it does look massive. Wonder when it releases? Audio controls, keybot macros, MX reds, glows red and has a hotkey for hopefully the keybot program. Yes yes..

What are the official differences between the 980 Strix and 980 Poseidon? VRM and such. Excuse my ignorance I just want to make sure I'm not passing up anything high end the STRIX may or may not be missing.

I'm also on the search for a good CPU water-block to match. The DeepCool reactor style looks bad-fin-azz but you have to buy there Rad with lame plumbing and it's closed loop. The swiftech Apogee Drive II or the XL have good reviews and stat's, but even with the red tints; seems really cookie cutter 😕

Nate152
I'm not sure when the GK2000 will be released, lets cross our fingers and hope it's sooner than later.

I have the swiftech apogee GTZ. Here is a good performing waterblock with red LED's. I'm sure you can make it stay red instead of flashing.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=raystorm+red+led+waterblock+youtube&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=F...

Here it is at amazon. You will need to purchase the barbs separately.

http://www.amazon.com/XSPC-Raystorm-Block-Intel-Socket/dp/B005T01B54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=14200515...

The strix is not a liquid cooled card and I don't think the specs are much different. The Poseidon might overclock further since it is liquid cooled, but they both will perform well.

Here's a video:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d7xjz_asus-gtx-980-strix-matrix-and-poseidon_tech

Retired
Not applicable
Strix = Owl